EU Ryzen 4650G Kit

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
Might be interesting to someone who wants to build or upgrade a NAS/HTPC

Arlt Computer has several Renoir APU kits available and this one caught my eye: Aufrüstkit AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G (6x 3,7GHz) + 16GB RAM + ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming Mainboard | ARLT Computer

Since I want at least 32 GB ECC RAM I called the hotline and asked if I can buy this bundle without the memory modules and, if yes, for how much. The basic answer is: As long as it is a kit and not a single CPU, you can buy it.

I got a quote for above kit sans the ram for 374,53€. If you go with best prices for the Asus ROG B550-I and the Noctua cooler that is quite a nice price (~141€) for the Ryzen 4650G. In fact, is is only marginally higher than for a Ryzen 3400G. The next "best" price would be like 232€ on ebay. The Asus ROG B550-I is a bit pricey but fits my needs perfectly. Unfortunately Artl has no good RAM options and all other ITX boards are a bit overpriced.

Last edited:

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
Yes, it's cheaper but you pay more for the CPU itself if you count up the components. The standard AMD box cpu cooler in the above kit is a dime a dozent. Anyway, I was about to get the Noctua L9a anyway and the Asus B550-I is not that much more expensive as other Mini-ITX boards with two m.2 slots.