I just installed Unleashed (126.96.36.199.100) onto one of my R650s, factory reset, chose US as my country, and cleared my existing APs off channels 36-64.Well I just spent a couple of hours troubleshooting this and still cannot figure it out.
I did set my 2.4ghz to 40mhz and it is faster. After setting the AP in "optimize for performance" I was able to set the 5gz in 160mhz and it's faster, but tops out at 600mbps on multiple AX devices. The only problem with that is now my 2.4ghz download speed seems to have an issue and is slower.
So now I'm back on "optimize for compatibility" and the 5ghz band is limited to 80mhz width.
I did plug into the extra port on the AP and my desktop will get 900mbps down through that port (for comparison it gets 1.7gbps on the 10gb connection).
So I'm pretty much at a loss. I love the reliability of the AP and the range, but I'm less than impressed with the performance.
I had been pondering getting a switch that has 10gb and 2.5gb ports (something like the QNAP QSW-2104-2T) so I can have my AP on 2.5gb, but that seems like a lot of money for limited benefit.
I set the AP to optimize for performance, set the 5Ghz band to 160Mhz width, and manually set the channel to 48.
Right after configuring the channels I was getting 600Mbps, but after a few minutes the AP restarted itself, and I've been getting ~800Mbps for the past half hour (all speeds from fast.com website).
(When I borrowed this R650 from my lounge for testing I replaced it with an old R600. I just connected to the R600 and I'm getting 410Mbps).