Robocopy changes , GUI Backup

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
I was using helpful backup software that would copy files from my Laptop to NAS from 2 years. I was set it to copy only the changes on the source to Nas .
I cannot remember the software was called, and this is a big problem for me as I cannot find it anywhere. All of the backup alternatives that I have tried, create a backup file instead of just copying and this is another big problem.
So please any ideas?
Notice :I know I can do my own robocopy script and schedule it, but I quite like seeing a side by side comparison.

LaMerk

Jun 13, 2017
Oh, what is the use case? I have switched from gs richcopy360 to rclone + rclonebrowser. They are free to use doing the same upload of the changed data from a source to a target.

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
Oh, what is the use case? I have switched from gs richcopy360 to rclone + rclonebrowser. They are free to use doing the same upload of the changed data from a source to a target.
Dear LaMerk
So far, I am doing well with Gs richcopy 360 , now I use the Enterprise version in my company
good luck with clone + rclonebrowser.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Bit (a lot) off topic but how does robocopy compare to rsync these days now rsync is available for windows ?

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
Bit (a lot) off topic but how does robocopy compare to rsync these days now rsync is available for windows ?
who said that ? I think rsync is for Linux or similar only and there are some GUI alternative to it but works on windows only like the GS richcopy 360 which I use now .

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
who said that ? I think rsync is for Linux or similar only and there are some GUI alternative to it but works on windows only like the GS richcopy 360 which I use now .
Many versions of rsync for windows out there, not sure what source they come from as I wasn’t going to dive into git repositories and see but I would even say they come from forks years ago and more recent.