Robocopy changes , GUI Backup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
I was using helpful backup software that would copy files from my Laptop to NAS from 2 years. I was set it to copy only the changes on the source to Nas .
I cannot remember the software was called, and this is a big problem for me as I cannot find it anywhere. All of the backup alternatives that I have tried, create a backup file instead of just copying and this is another big problem.
So please any ideas?
Notice :I know I can do my own robocopy script and schedule it, but I quite like seeing a side by side comparison.

Reactions: FernandoShane

LaMerk

Jun 13, 2017
Oh, what is the use case? I have switched from gs richcopy360 to rclone + rclonebrowser. They are free to use doing the same upload of the changed data from a source to a target.

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
Oh, what is the use case? I have switched from gs richcopy360 to rclone + rclonebrowser. They are free to use doing the same upload of the changed data from a source to a target.
Dear LaMerk
So far, I am doing well with Gs richcopy 360 , now I use the Enterprise version in my company
good luck with clone + rclonebrowser.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Bit (a lot) off topic but how does robocopy compare to rsync these days now rsync is available for windows ?

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
Bit (a lot) off topic but how does robocopy compare to rsync these days now rsync is available for windows ?
who said that ? I think rsync is for Linux or similar only and there are some GUI alternative to it but works on windows only like the GS richcopy 360 which I use now .

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
who said that ? I think rsync is for Linux or similar only and there are some GUI alternative to it but works on windows only like the GS richcopy 360 which I use now .
Many versions of rsync for windows out there, not sure what source they come from as I wasn’t going to dive into git repositories and see but I would even say they come from forks years ago and more recent.

FernandoShane

Mar 6, 2021
Hi Evan and SamuelIsaac
How can I use Rsync to upload from my windows server 2019 to Azure blob storage? is it has a GUI-based version ? and what is the license policy of it? and the same questions for the tool " GS richcopy360" and if you have any similars, kindly answer the same questions for the known
-thanks and your reply is highly appreciated to help me in my final report to my TL

Reactions: SamuelIsaac

SamuelIsaac

Mar 5, 2020
- As the experts said , Azcopy is the best choice for uploading to Azure blob storage , and for your info , Azcopy is CLI-based , very powerful , multithreaded , free and very fast to copy to the cloud .
- For Gs Richcopy 360 , it is a GUI-based , not free , the license is for once, can copy directly to the Azure blob , multithreaded , very fast and has an option to throttle cloud jobs so that they cannot consume more than what you allocate them to , this means your Datacenter will not affected with the consumed bandwidth , check this example

1615195848647.png

Reactions: FernandoShane

josiph

Jun 4, 2023
- As the experts said , Azcopy is the best choice for uploading to Azure blob storage , and for your info , Azcopy is CLI-based , very powerful , multithreaded , free and very fast to copy to the cloud .
- For Gs Richcopy 360 , it is a GUI-based , not free , the license is for once, can copy directly to the Azure blob , multithreaded , very fast and has an option to throttle cloud jobs so that they cannot consume more than what you allocate them to , this means your Datacenter will not affected with the consumed bandwidth , check this example

View attachment 17829
Which Robocopy switches can I use to limit the speed like this feature in the image ?

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
Robocopy /? shows
::
:: Copy File Throttling Options :
::
/IoMaxSize:n[KMG] :: Requested max i/o size per {read,write} cycle, in n [KMG] bytes.

/IoRate:n[KMG] :: Requested i/o rate, in n [KMG] bytes per second.

/Threshold:n[KMG] :: File size threshold for throttling, in n [KMG] bytes (see Remarks).

Chris