Replace Drive With IOStat Error "S:0 H:5 T:1" ?

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by ZzBloopzZ, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ZzBloopzZ

ZzBloopzZ Member

Hello,

I have noticed for the past month that my fileserver has been slightly slower then normal. Sometimes certain full blu-ray ISO's even skip here and there when streaming. Last time this happen was when a drive started going bad, however that drive had tons of errors and failed smart tests.

This particular drive has the following IOStat errors: S:0 H:5 T:1 However, smartinfo claims the drive is fine. If I restart the server, everything appears fine but then within a week or two the errors return slowly.

Is this signs of a hard drive going bad? Also, what exactly does S H T stand for?

Thank You!

2. gea

gea Well-Known Member

These are messages/warnings from the driver/disk that are collected by iostat from boottime - not real errors
    like checksum errors or disk offline after too many problems. If they grow, this can indicate a real or future problem.

Iostat -E, whats that all about? (The dot in ... --- ...)