question regarding napp-it installer on Solaris 11.4

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by liv3010m, Feb 25, 2019.

1. liv3010m

liv3010m New Member

Hi, I observed a few things during install but since the log file (setup-napp-it.log) had very little info I'm trying to summarize what I can remember.

The installer perl script tries to install the storage/storage-server package that doesn't seem to exist anymore because its now part of a consolidation (pkg:/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation)?
    It tries to install network/iscsi/target package instead of storage/iscsi/iscsi-target.
    It also tries to install mpathadm package instead of storage/multipath-utilities.
    Install of package network/netcat exists and works.

Is this expected?

Greetings,
    Olivia

2. gea

gea Well-Known Member

Not expected, more not detected and the same installer like with the former Solaris 11.3.
    My own setups are 100% OmniOS and I do not test everything on Solaris but care about reports.

Thanks for the note, I will check that.

3. liv3010m

liv3010m New Member

Hi gea, you are welcome. If there is anything I can help you with, please tell me.

Greetings,
    Olivia

4. liv3010m

liv3010m New Member

Hi gea, just to let you know, listing zfs filesystems displays only a partial list of them.

Greetings,
    Olivia
    Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 19.50.38.png

5. gea

gea Well-Known Member

Have just made a test with a new Solaris 11.4 VM (default "free downloadable" iso text)
    Had no problems to install storage-server, mpathadm and iscsi-target

about the filesystems on rpool
    napp-it suppress all "internal" filesystems on rpool (newest version also root/VARSHARE/*).
    Only if you add a new filesystem it is shown (and sharable).

6. liv3010m

liv3010m New Member

gea, thanks for your reply.

My bad, I just noticed that my pkg repo was set to the latest SRU but was missing the GA release, so there where packages missing.
    After fixing that I got all three installed:
    group/feature/storage-server
    system/storage/multipath-utilities
    system/storage/iscsi/iscsi-target
    :rolleyes:

Regarding to the partial filesystem list, didn't knew that, thanks for the clarification.

Greetings,
    Olivia