question regarding napp-it installer on Solaris 11.4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

liv3010m

Jul 22, 2018
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi, I observed a few things during install but since the log file (setup-napp-it.log) had very little info I'm trying to summarize what I can remember.

The installer perl script tries to install the storage/storage-server package that doesn't seem to exist anymore because its now part of a consolidation (pkg:/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation)?
It tries to install network/iscsi/target package instead of storage/iscsi/iscsi-target.
It also tries to install mpathadm package instead of storage/multipath-utilities.
Install of package network/netcat exists and works.

Is this expected?

Greetings,
Olivia

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Is this expected?

Greetings,
Olivia
Not expected, more not detected and the same installer like with the former Solaris 11.3.
My own setups are 100% OmniOS and I do not test everything on Solaris but care about reports.

Thanks for the note, I will check that.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Have just made a test with a new Solaris 11.4 VM (default "free downloadable" iso text)
Had no problems to install storage-server, mpathadm and iscsi-target

about the filesystems on rpool
napp-it suppress all "internal" filesystems on rpool (newest version also root/VARSHARE/*).
Only if you add a new filesystem it is shown (and sharable).

liv3010m

Jul 22, 2018
Buenos Aires, Argentina
gea, thanks for your reply.

My bad, I just noticed that my pkg repo was set to the latest SRU but was missing the GA release, so there where packages missing.
After fixing that I got all three installed:
group/feature/storage-server
system/storage/multipath-utilities
system/storage/iscsi/iscsi-target
:rolleyes:

Regarding to the partial filesystem list, didn't knew that, thanks for the clarification.

Greetings,
Olivia