Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sko

Jun 11, 2021
Bought the rack mount as well. Noticed that if I have a RJ45 SFP+ Module in one of the sfp cages, it will not cold boot. Power supply lights come on, but power light on the panel does not and it appears dead.
I suspect the unit won't boot because of too much load on the SFP+ ports.
The SFP+ specification allows for either <1W (type 1) or <1.5W (type 2) power consumption - *all* copper modules are WAY over those limits, so they may or may not work and may or may not damage the port either due to high currents or temperatures...

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
The SFP+ specification allows for either <1W (type 1) or <1.5W (type 2) power consumption - *all* copper modules are WAY over those limits, so they may or may not work and may or may not damage the port either due to high currents or temperatures...
While most 10GBASE-T modules are indeed in the 3W range, there are some more modern (and expensive) ones with lower power consumption (1.8W or less) and longer range (100 meter vs. 30 meter).

Ubiquiti also sell one that's a bit cheaper.

It's certainly a possible reason though. :)

Easynet

Apr 25, 2024
Hi all,

I want to share my experience with QOTOM QDNV01 / Q20331G9 C3758R. This device can handle 10GbE traffic, but I have no clue what happen with my device that all I226-V NICs are triggering errors on PCIe root ports similar to these:
Hardware error from APEI Generic Hardware Error Source: 0
It has been corrected by h/w and requires no further action

Also the driver is crashing randomly. I tried to change the RAM memory, power supply, booting old Linux Kernels. Even in Windows 11 if you set as router and you push traffic between two 2.5GbE you will get WHEA error in System Logs exactly for the same PCIe root ports.

I've opened a thread to Intel community forum for this issue: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C3758R with 5x I226V - Hardware error from APEI Generic Hardware Error Source
This issue is happening when you do bidirectional traffic, like iperf3 -c IP --bidir. In only one direction per port doesn't trigger these errors.
Also I have few videos capturing the kernel errors and driver crash regarding to this issue. I can share them from my Youtube channel.

Does anybody faced this issue with this device?

The seller told me to send it back. He doesn't want to change it for another one because is afraid to not face the same issue. He will refund the amount.

farmerj

Oct 24, 2023
Further testing shows it only has this problem when using the 4th port.