Q4 2017 STH Lab Cleaning Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Since we are now in Q4, making a Q4 lab cleaning thread.

All prices are going to be shipped to the US unless otherwise noted. International folks feel free to use Shipitto with a US address.

Now accepting Bitcoin/ Ethereum/ Monero for full/ partial payment.

These are data center pulls so assume normal wear and tear and no rails/ ears unless stated:

Networking
Storage
  • SAS3 15K rpm Drives:
    • 5x Seagate ST300MP005 300GB enterprise performance 15K rpm hard drives - $290 for all 5.
    • 3x HGST 450GB SAS3 12gbps 15K rpm hard drives (model huc156045css200) - $150 for all 3.
  • Take all eight SAS3 drives for $425 shipped or 1.5 XMR
CPUs
  • All sold
GPUs/ Xeon Phi
Motherboard + CPU Bundles
  • NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Development Kit - $489
  • Ryzen Bundle 1 - Coming soon
  • Ryzen Bundle 2 - Coming soon
  • ASrock Z270M-ITX/ac - (SOLD for XMR!)
  • Firewall / VPN E3 motherboard with QuickAssist chipset X9SKV-1125 w/16GB RAM - $430
Server Systems

I do not have boxes for these. Terms are that if you are local to the bay area will drop them off. If you are outside the bay area, will drop off at FedEx/ UPS store or elsewhere where you can arrange packing and shipping.

These will not have CPUs/ RAM, unless otherwise noted, however, see CPUs section and PM me for what is available.
  • HPE DL60 Gen 9 Barebones - $400 Local Bay Area CA Only
    • Setup with a single heatsink and blanks for the second CPU slot.
    • Dual socket capable
    • Can provide a low power CPU (e.g. E5-2603 or E5-2630L special chip that will work in this as well.)
  • (Sold) 1U Supermicro SYS-6018R-WTR $685
    • Will include 1U heatsinks
    • Has E5-2650L V3's installed now but selling as barebones. Can inquire about bundling.
  • (Sold) 2U ASUS 4-node in 2U system with 2x SATA per system + one M.2
    • 8x Xeon E5-2628L V4 CPUs included (these are NOT marked confidential)
    • Will include a 16GB Kingston M.2 boot drive for each node.
    • No RAM
    • Rails included
    • Heatsinks included
    • $2750
    • There will be a second one coming once I can figure out which CPUs I can part with and which I need for back-testing E5 generations.
    • Local buyers will entertain system only without CPUs

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Added a few bits in this new revision including NVIDIA gear.

Reactions: jak

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
1080 Ti's have been selling fast.

Lowered Jetson TX2 price.

Changed / lowered price of mITX mobo and will only accept XMR for it.

Harry P. Nyce

Harry P. Nyce
Sep 27, 2017
Bravo on accepting crypto (BTC, ETH, etc.) but why aren't more technology professionals, out enthusiasts in this space not super excited about Bitcoin? Half the people I approach to inquire if they accept Bitcoin don't even have a wallet set up.

I'm NOT giving any financial advice, just wondering why so many techy folks are missing the boat?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Bravo on accepting crypto (BTC, ETH, etc.) but why aren't more technology professionals, out enthusiasts in this space not super excited about Bitcoin? Half the people I approach to inquire if they accept Bitcoin don't even have a wallet set up.

I'm NOT giving any financial advice, just wondering why so many techy folks are missing the boat?
Two reasons. First, it is still a pain to go from crypto to cash. Second, and more importantly, unlike a credit card or PayPal there is no buyer protection.

We have done a few XMR for items on previous lab cleaning threads.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
#3, in my opinion that is... it's very hard to "spend"

Unable to find items/services you need in BTC and challenging at the least to turn into "real money" make it an investment in the future, not a way to do business for goods/services.

I'm sure many are like me though and wish we picked up 10 to 20 when they were "high" at $200 ;) LOL!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
#3, in my opinion that is... it's very hard to "spend"

Unable to find items/services you need in BTC and challenging at the least to turn into "real money" make it an investment in the future, not a way to do business for goods/services.

I'm sure many are like me though and wish we picked up 10 to 20 when they were "high" at $200 ;) LOL!
Well there is an entire thread above of crypto buyable assets :)

Harry P. Nyce

Harry P. Nyce
Sep 27, 2017
@T_Minus hint - Buy this stuff with crypto. Use for a period. Sell for cash. You'll lose less in transaction fees that way!
This is an interesting approach. I was thrilled to build a workstation and pay for it entirely in Bitcoin (via NewEgg) early this year. If you use GDAX (Coinbase's exchange) to withdraw your cryptocurrency using Limit Sells you pay $0 in fees to convert back to fiat.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Added two Ubiquiti switches and a Mikrotik Router. The Mikrotik router is going to be XMR or other crypto only, no $.

Lowered prices on GPU blade server (a lot) and GRID M40 GPUs.

Added Intel DC P3700 400GB

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
More stuff sold, a few bits added. More items with XMR pricing now.

David Madole

Oct 8, 2017
I'll take this
  • Supermicro BPN-SAS2-836EL2 (SAS2 dual expander backplane for the Supermicro 836) - $200
Sorry not into cryptocurrency yet but will PM you an email for a Paypal invoice if that's ok.