Proxmox ve with Glusterfs step by step note

Discussion in 'VMware, VirtualBox, Citrix' started by thx0701tw, Mar 2, 2018.

1. thx0701tw

thx0701tw Member

Add sources list
    "nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb [arch=amd64] Index of /pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/Debian/stretch/amd64/apt stretch main"

Increase the key
    "wget -O - https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.13/rsa.pub | apt-key add -"

Set zpool Type:
    "zfs set acltype=posixacl RAID/DATA"

Setup nano / etc / hosts increase gluster fs ip:
    "10.0.1.50 pve-gf 10.0.1.51 pve2-gf"

Installation Kit:
    "apt install glusterfs-server"

Binding machine:
    "gluster peer probe 10.0.1.50 gluster peer probe 10.0.1.51"

Gluster status command
    "gluster peer status"

Status show
    "Number of Peers: 2 Hostname: pve Uuid: afffc8___________7345f9d5 State: Peer in Cluster (Connected) Hostname: pve2 Uuid: a62____________e9f9f1d State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)"

Create a directory copy mode:
    "gluster volume create DATA transport tcp replica 2 r730-gf:/RAID/DATA r230-gf:/RAID/DATA force"

Enabled Glusterfs
    "gluster volume start DATA"

Set storage pool:

”gluster volume set DATA performance.cache-size 256MB gluster volume set DATA network.ping-timeout 5 gluster volume set DATA cluster.server-quorum-type server gluster volume set DATA cluster.quorum-type fixed gluster volume set DATA cluster.quorum-count 2 gluster volume set DATA cluster.eager-lock on gluster volume set DATA network.remote-dio enable gluster volume set DATA cluster.eager-lock enable gluster volume set DATA performance.stat-prefetch off gluster volume set DATA performance.io-cache off gluster volume set DATA performance.read-ahead off gluster volume set DATA performance.quick-read off gluster volume set DATA performance.readdir-ahead on "

After the completion of the Web GUI to save the new GlusterFS can be used

Add a new storage pool, you need to manually hit the name of the storage pool and the server / server order will not mount:

In R730 ( node 1 ) above, enter on the map. And to R230 (note 2 )above, the order of two to exchange play.

[​IMG]

Patrick and niekbergboer like this.
  2. Caleb

Caleb Member

I was between cephfs and glusterfs... however the more I research glusterfs for bulk storage, the more I like it. I am considering setting up glusterfs on my Proxmox cluster and using an arbiter. Do you have any experience with arbiters in glusterfs? How stable has your build been?