- Sep 20, 2017
- Have you tried connecting to the system using VNC when booted using a UEFI mode card (with or without a monitor attached)?
- What happens when you attach a monitor after you've successfully booted using a UEFI mode graphics card?
- I assume your GTX 650 has multiple display interfaces (VGA, HDMI, etc.), have you tried booting with monitors connected each of those different interfaces?
- Have you tried connecting a monitor, post boot, to each of those interfaces?
It's possible that starting X with the official NVidia driver would initialize the video card and you would get GUI output. I'm hoping that with the newer firmware I'll be able to boot Linux in UEFI mode, so I'll add this to my list of things to test.
- Do UEFI graphics cards work with the latest firmware from 2014? -> Will reflash GTX 650 with UEFI firmware and test.
- Figure out UEFI OS booting.