Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
If anyone has it, I need a copy of the most recent Quanta windmill bios. I have F03C3A07. Not sure what is on it until i boot it up but would like 10 and 11 to be able to add if get the v2 xeons

I have both a few wywinn and a single quanta board. Anything newer than the v3 bios for the wywinns?
Bringing one node back into service for the massive amount of cheap ram they can take. Also modding this hopefully this weekend to see if i can get an Nvidia 1070 to work (hardware transcoding). Already printing an external graphics card vertical mount. If that works, I'll get a bunch of ram for a massive transcoding ramdisk. Emby 4k transcodes take up huge amounts of space as it doesn't remove any of the transcode until complete and I'm tired of burning out SSD drives when i can just use ram

Thanks @hmartin for the bios copies

Last edited:

chiuljnk

Apr 20, 2016
My OpenCompute server keeps beeping and I can't figure out why.

The model is Open Compute Wiwynn SV7210, some people call it "Windmill" or "Freedom". CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 x2 at 2GHz, with 64 GB of RAM (4GB x 16 sticks, all slots occupied)

I tried this fix first: Repasted CPU's with fresh thermal paste but it didn't fix it. Not sure what the problem is.

Here's a 10 second audio MP4A file demonstrating the problem
Copy of Friday at 11-32 AM.m4a

It does this noise every few minutes and it's driving me crazy. Other than this incessant beeping, the server runs flawlessly.

chiuljnk

Apr 20, 2016
Ugh bad news. The beep is back.

Previously, I was booted in ESXi 6.7u3 and it was beeping. Today, I was working in Ubuntu Desktop and it wasn't beeping.

But now I boot back into ESXi and it is beeping again so now I know it's not the hardware but ESXi that is causing it. Now I got to figure out what is it in ESXi that is making the beeps.

Trisuni11

May 16, 2018
Hi, guys! I have Quanta DA0F03MBCE0 and F03_3B11 BIOS, it's Winterfell. Which BIOS model is the latest? Can you share it? Will Windmill BIOS F03C3A07 be suitable with my sytem?