Phone WiFi issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SimpleTech

Aug 8, 2016
The firmware isn't the problem since I tried the stock (Ubiquiti), DD-WRT, and OpenWRT with my UAP-LR. Like a few others suggested, it's probably a compatibility issue with the AP chipset (Atheros) and whatever Samsung is using.

For reference I'm using a Samsung Galaxy On5 and it has the exact same issue as the OP. Disconnects at random but AP says connected to internet. I have to manual connect and even then that will disconnect a few minutes later.

I also have a UAP-AC-LR which doesn't have as much of an issue on the 2.4GHz but my phone will reconnect to my SSID on occasion, but won't totally disconnect from my WiFi.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
This issue hasn't been resolved but I was burned out so I haven't touched it in a month...

It randomly will work for a few minutes then stop still.

I got a cheap TP-LINK AP to try out thinking maybe it would work... nope, same problem.
I can connect on the phone, says connected, but NO INTERNET!

This is getting to the point I'm ready to return/sell these phones and go with something else.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
After someone :p:D:cool:on the forums here kept telling me 'replace the router, replace the router'... I did it, and replaced my router with a pfsense appliance, assigned static IPs to my switches, reserved some IPs in pfsense and tested out the APs again... bam, they work with the phone and have now for about 15 hours. Numerous connects / disconnects and no problem at all, all phones seem to be working fine again. I'm going to connect my old unifi AP and my cheap Tp-Link next to see if I can get all 3 APs working as they should, and then I may try to use one as a bridge for my detached office/shop to play around with since i have 3 Aps now :)

I'm thinking the old router had some bad IP reservations even though I thought I'd cleared them and/or 1 of my switches kept setting itself to a different IP when other devices rebooted (Ie: reboot router and it would 'take' the router IP and network would go down for all connected devices, would need to reconnect all devices to get new IPs, etc...)

In addition to routing with pfsense appliance now (fanless, tiny, low power) for my home network there are 2 other ports that I can use to route for my business network which was previously done through a PFSENSE VM. I still need to migrate the settings for the 'work' (2nd WAN and LAN) to work together, and likely add some new routing so I can access it from my home network securely, etc...