"Open Box" Xeon D-1521 Motherboard $115 obo

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
from my experience as a former employee of Datto supporting these installed into U-NAS cases and owning a few personally, they fail way too often. strongly recommend avoiding. excellent when they work, baffling when they malfunction in a variety of ways I've never been able to fix.

maybe if they were installed in cases with proper airflow, it might be a different situation.

also, the fan on the cpu is garbage. expect to be replacing it with a 50mm delta fan at some point because the bearing fails.

azsrz

Apr 30, 2021
from my experience as a former employee of Datto supporting these installed into U-NAS cases and owning a few personally, they fail way too often. strongly recommend avoiding. excellent when they work, baffling when they malfunction in a variety of ways I've never been able to fix.

maybe if they were installed in cases with proper airflow, it might be a different situation.

also, the fan on the cpu is garbage. expect to be replacing it with a 50mm delta fan at some point because the bearing fails.
Do they fail in the beginning or after working for some time?

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Oh yes, definitely had ones that worked and then failed while in my possession. Had ones that worked when I put them away on a shelf and then didn't when I tried to use them again.

Reactions: adam2eden

adam2eden

Oct 18, 2013
Oh yes, definitely had ones that worked and then failed while in my possession. Had ones that worked when I put them away on a shelf and then didn't when I tried to use them again.
Thanks that's good to know. It's not something I really need anyway I will pass then.