NVMe Storage Solution

Discussion in 'NAS Systems and Networked Home and SMB Software' started by CookiesLikeWhoa, Apr 1, 2018.

1. CookiesLikeWhoa

For the 40GbE side I have an Arista DCS-7050QX as the switch with both nodes using Chelsio T580-SO-CR Ethernet cards with FS modules and fiber. No jumbo frames where turned on. I didn't dive too much into what was going on with the 40Gb as that was just another layer of complexity that I shouldn't be sorting out just yet.

10Gb side is an Unifi US-16-XG switch, no jumbo frames. The cards are an Intel 520-DA in the ESXi node and the W2k16 server is using the onboard Intel 540 (10G base-t). This might be where a lot of the problems are. The unifi switch is showing 10Gb speeds but those ports are known to be hit or miss. I don't have a spare 520-DA card at the moment to test it, but my feeling is that it might help.

2. whitey

whitey Moderator

Well hell, I am pretty sure the Arista switch is up the task packet buffer wise, not so sure abt the Ubiquiti, everything else looks like it passes the sniff test. When you go to 10GbE and above jumbo is almost a necessity if you really wanna squeeze every last bit out of the network but if you are not focusing on the network layer at this time maybe a go-back item when you do decide to circle back arnd to that.