NVME PM963 2.5" 960GB $300

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Hi Craig!! so the " root@:~#nvme list " and all that stuff didn´t worked? im living a nightmare here!! i bought one that had the ERROR and i fight with the seller to change it, i get a new one, i connected it, it worked but a few mintues later i get a Blue Screen of Death, had to reinstall windows and suddenly the memory got the same error listing the space as a 1024mb drive!!

I been trying all day to make the "Root" thing on linux but could´nt make it, i having a bad feeling that my motherboard is doing this but im not sure!!

Im really stresed!! my MOBO has an M.2_1 port that is supposed to be compatible with PCi 4.0 NVMe cards but both times i got this new one i tried to connect it right there, is there any chance that a voltage problem may be happening??
The Linux reset approach worked, but only to make the drive functional up until power to the machine was cycled.. at which point the drives would once again crash. My experience was with the 2.5” form factor drive only, but I believe the issue was with the firmware on the drive itself. As noted above, I purchased quite a few of these drives (at least 15) from various sources (including brand new, directly from SuperMicro). Ultimately all of the drives exhibited the same issues when run in an NVMe backplane, regardless of the machine in which they were housed. The whole experience really turned me off to Samsung storage in general as their attitude was a firm “we really couldn’t care less- get lost”.

I’ve since moved on to pretty much running Intel/HGST storage exclusively and have no plans to buy a Samsung drive ever again.

Buy a different drive- your motherboard is likely fine.

-Craig

alexherreraz

Oct 20, 2020
Hi again Craig!!

So you´re saying that everytime you turn your PC off and turn it on again the Memory Crashes?

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Hi again Craig!!

So you´re saying that everytime you turn your PC off and turn it on again the Memory Crashes?
The drives not the memory, but pretty much (..at least briefly until I pulled them all out of the machine and wrote them off as expensive paperweights).

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
The drives not the memory, but pretty much (..at least briefly until I pulled them all out of the machine and wrote them off as expensive paperweights).
not even good paperweights those drives, way too light

alexherreraz

Oct 20, 2020
that´s really depressing, i been trying for days to fix it but couldn´t do it yet... u_u

Have you tried what @BobTB said?? is really interesting