New switch that works with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TRHH

Mar 31, 2024
I currently use:

CISCO GS110-8-HW-EU - Meraki Go - 8 port switch

• 8x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
  • 2x SFP uplink

with my Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP and that works just fine.

But I need new replacement) switch that works fine with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP.

Have been looking at:

• Qnap - QSW-2104-2S
  • ZyXEL - XGS1010-12

But not sure they work with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP.

Do you have some great suggestion for a new switch (not end-of-life) that works with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP.?

Thanks

Torben

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
To the best of my knowledge, any switch that will accept a standard 1gb SFP transceiver should work with them.

That said, if you have to buy a new switch, go for one of the newer realtek type switches that support SFP+ and get some new SFP+ transceivers. Cheap way to get 10gb ethernet.

TRHH

Mar 31, 2024
That said, if you have to buy a new switch, go for one of the newer realtek type switches that support SFP+ and get some new SFP+ transceivers. Cheap way to get 10gb ethernet.
I would have to replace my SFP (2) and FMC when going 10gb. As I don't have any need for 10gb, it is not an option.

Torben

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
You may have this backwards. Unless your SFP transceivers are special (IE, 80km SM super long distance expensive ones) then SFPs are a dime a dozen, especially 1gb ones.

Much better to look at what specs you need in a switch (port count, features, reliability and updates, etc) and just buy new SFPs that work.

At the moment, your question is like asking "What car can I purchase that fits these wheels". People generally shop for the car, then shop for wheels that fit the car. Not the other way around.

TRHH

Mar 31, 2024
You may have this backwards
No, that is not case. And yes the SFP and the cable (CommScope TeraSPEED OS2 full spectrum, zero water peak single mode (ZWP-SM) LC/UPC to LC/UPC fiber patch cord) "maybe" is special.

That is way I am looking for a switch where my current setup (Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP) will work.

Torben