NEW Supermicro 12 3.5 disk JBOD chassis w/power board dual1200 watt

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PHubb

Feb 22, 2015
Hey everyone; Techy_parts is listing brand new SM 2U CSE-826 JBOD chassis with redundant 1200 watt PS, CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 power board, E16 SAS2 back-plane, and dual 8088 rear port bracket, plus trays, screws, and rack rail kit. I realize these are only 12 disk chassis, but it's a complete ready to go JBOD chassis for about 1/2 regular price. They say they're new, but I don't know if that includes any SM warranty.
Shipping in US is about $30 - price for the unit is $399.
I think this is a decent deal. In general I find the SM chassis to be very well built, easy to service (change fans, etc.). This unit will also accept up to an EATX main board.

New Supermicro CSE 826E16 R1200LPB 12 Bay 3 5" SAS SATA JBOD with CSE Ptjbod CB2 | eBay

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Maybe I'm the only one that things this is a steal, but I'm going to purchase this. Not going to use as a JBOD chassis though, will just remove those parts for potential use down the line.

MrRackable is selling the same chassis for $400 without the JBOD parts and used. He'll probably take a lower offer if all you want is the chassis. Techy_parts doesn't seem willing to move on the price, not that I can blame them though.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
Shipping costs: +$525.12 UPS Worldwide Expedited :-((((
That stinks. Unfortunately not much the sellers can do about crazy costs of international shipping. You should see how much they charge when shipping 42x42 pallets of product outside the US, crazy.