New Managed LAN Switch Required - any recommendations?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

louie1961

May 15, 2023
I have, but there's not much there. The operating system is not something I am familiar with, it certainly isn't Linux, at least not in the normal sense. I SSH'ed into the switch and it seems to offer the following commands from the command line

Screenshot 2024-03-21 200657.jpg

Reactions: is39

nexox

May 3, 2023
That looks familiar, I want to say one of my TPLink 802.11ac APs had something like that, but it could have been Engenius. You're not actually seeing the OS, you just get into an application that implements a few commands.

Reactions: blunden

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I have, but there's not much there. The operating system is not something I am familiar with, it certainly isn't Linux, at least not in the normal sense. I SSH'ed into the switch and it seems to offer the following commands from the command line
It's almost certainly Linux or possibly BSD, but most likely Linux. Like @nexox said, the user's shell is simply set to custom application that implements that CLI you see.

That looks familiar, I want to say one of my TPLink 802.11ac APs had something like that, but it could have been Engenius. You're not actually seeing the OS, you just get into an application that implements a few commands.
It's pretty similar to the CLI used on my Realtek based Hasivo switch, I think. :) It wouldn't surprise me if it's some generic CLI from either the switch chip vendor or some other entity building it for multiple vendors and brands.