Canada [NEW LOT] ASROCK X7P-MB REV. 1.02 LGA3647 FPGA C626 SR3HH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
Yes, both ports are connected at the same time. I will check both ports with Wireshark today.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
That might be true, but there is no real reason for ASRock (And Akamai) to remove the GUI. And I've never seen the BMC actually respond to any ipmitool requests through the external ip. We will only know for sure if someone dumps the firmware.
I've had plenty of cases we GUIs etc. were removed just for security and code reduction reasons. I've also had plenty of BMC firmwares disable IPMI 1 & 2 support due to its crappy features compared to modern equivalents. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply removed what they didn't need from the firmware builds and then disabled all protocols by default (except maybe SSH and WS-MAN).

If you or anyone else can dump the firmwares we'll know more indeed. Would be interesting to know what's inside the (third) bitstream flash chip for the FPGA. Since they are socketed it should be even easier to read them all.

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
MegaRAC-PM IPMI Firmware Solution
IPMI Firmware from AMI provides remote server manageability and health monitoring based on the IPMI 2.0 specification.
Taking minimal footprint, the code is ideal for robust entry-level and midrange solutions.
With its BIOS and server management expertise, AMI is in a unique position to offer a fully-featured IPMI-based management subsystem.
• System health monitoring and information (SEL, FRU, SDR)
• Serial over LAN / IPMI over LAN
• Remote Management Control Protocol (RMCP+)
• Encryption
• Enhanced Authentication
• Payload Support
• PEF (Platform Event Filter) / PET (Platform Event Traps)
• LAN Alerts
• Chassis Control - System Reset - System Power On/Off - System Power Cycle - Graceful Shutdown
• DCMI 1.0
• Support for PMCP Graphical Porting Utility
• Support for PDK Utility for OEM Customization

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
MegaRAC PM 2003 = no GUI.
Ah yeah, it's even a Pre-IDRAC age type of thing. I thought DRAC was re-developed by Dell based on the AMI MegaRAC and it turns out that was indeed the case (back in the day were BMCs and LOM devices were just PCI cards). Considering IPMI 2.0 isn't listed and was only officially released in 2004-ish I imagine it doesn't even support most recent IPMI libraries so recent versions of ipmitool might need additional flags to send legacy commands.

It's also possible that it has the sticker but they sneaked in Redfish without IPMI instead, but that's doubtful. If all they need is power control, status readout and a serial console you'd basically be good with any potato-class BMC and firmware...

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Yes, both ports are connected at the same time. I will check both ports with Wireshark today.
the double RJ45 jack is labeled with COM_LAN1. maybe one it not a real LAN port.
ther is no MAC sticker, should be at least one there.
Are the rev.numbers from BIOS & BMC match with the stickers on the socketed Flash chips ?
AFAIK L2.xx is beta BIOS.

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
the double RJ45 jack is labeled with COM_LAN1. maybe one it not a real LAN port.
ther is no MAC sticker, should be at least one there.
Are the rev.numbers from BIOS & BMC match with the stickers on the socketed Flash chips ?
AFAIK L2.xx is beta BIOS.
Yes the versions match 100%

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
there is a connector and a chip missing(same chip than at the two other RJ45 jacks.
NA0069R
missing LAN transceiver.jpg
missing LAN transceiverA.jpg

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
the second LAN connector... can not read the writings ! can you ?
BMC_LAN1.jpg
it is some propriätrary (2mm pitch ?) 18 pin header, 90 degree angled or similar.