New Forum Style Option

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hi all,

The first iteration of the STH Forums XenForo theme was done by me playing around with the default style and CSS. I have for awhile wanted to add a new theme to the site to make it look a bit more modern and make it work a bit better on mobile browsers.

As I sat down this week to start opening CSS files once again, I started looking at themes for the site and ended up liking one called UI.X.

Some of the key features are a multi-columned forum home page and a responsive menu bar that stays atop the site even when you scroll to the bottom of a thread. Another cool feature is that one can customize the color scheme to individual user's needs by changing colors within the theme.

This is certainly not finished setting up, but I figured it would be OK to start sharing. This is still in a testing phase so please pardon the dust.

How to change

Scroll to the bottom and click Default Style
Changing XF Styles 1.JPG

Select UI.X as the style

Changing XF Styles 2.JPG

That is it. You can use a similar process to go back to the current default style. With the switch, it is likely there will be both options available.

Checking out the new style

Here is what the new theme looks like (still a work in progress but getting there):
Changing XF Styles 3 New Theme.JPG

As you can see, you can scroll down and the top menu bars collapse and stay available:

Changing XF Styles 4 Menu Bar.JPG

Both AD Styler and Color Options can be used to customize styles for now.

Changing XF Styles 5 Colors.JPG

Let me know any bugs folks find if there are any.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I really like it. I saw the option randomly clicking this morning. i now have green and red themed ha! I also like the "minecraft" option

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Feels very different. I like that likes and post counts show up by user. It looks good on my phone

HellDiverUK

Jul 16, 2014
Looks well, but it's only using about 60% of the screen width on my laptop (1920x1080). Big unnecessary grey gaps at each side. :(

DolphinsDan

Sep 17, 2013
I like iton my phone.on really high res I sometimes zoom.

Btw I found the instructions above can be used to go back to default

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
i choose the color green,i felt different because is full of vitality.since i always stay up late and working at the computer all day long,it seems a good choice to change the color according to my mood.
if the background can also transform,it is perfect :)