New built not posting

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

amir_sta

Dec 13, 2020
Hi everyone
I have assembled the following system, but no matter what, it does not post. Neither from GPU (I have tried both 1660ti and 3070) nor from the motherboard's VGA.
The built is:
CPU: Epyc 7742 ES
MB: ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T
Memory: Kingstone KSM32RD4/32MEI
GPU: RTX 3070

I have searched and checked everything from memory to power connections.
here is a video of debugging screen.

Am I doing something wrong?

scline

Apr 7, 2016
Are you able to hop in the IPMI UI (should not need to boot in order to see it) and check if any errors are being thrown? You should be able to watch the boot process from there as well.

Try to also update the BIOS/IPMI software from IPMI. If I recall, ASROCK allows Bios updates via IPMI even w/o the CPU being inserted in the event of needing a certain version to run the CPU model.

Where did you get the CPU from? I know some EPYC CPU's from Ebay are vendor locked and wont work unless its in a Dell or HP machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: amir_sta

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Do you only have a single ram stick? or did you remove others for testing? +1 above for IPMI health check
Also does the LED code ever read anything else? is that a countdown or temp reading? (if its temp that seems really high)

Last edited:

randomuser

Jan 4, 2021
try with another RAM stick maybe? go for 4 blocks instead of 1

Edit: i use the same RAM block, i just use 4 x 32GB Kingston Server Premier 3200MHz DDR4 ECC Reg CL22 DIMM 2Rx4 (KSM32RD4/32MEI)

amir_sta

Dec 13, 2020
I just restarted the bios, and it now works fine. You should let the countdown finish the first time, and it works just fine after that. Thanks.

Reactions: Spartacus

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Nice, but next time maybe put more weight on the motherboard corners hanging freely in the air. Maybe accelerates the boot process ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: amir_sta