New Build, cannot Access Disk

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

newburns

Sep 4, 2013
I have a new build on an XDTH-6f.
I have set the XDTH-6f SAS2008 to be in IT Mode
I have an additional m1015 Crossflashed to 9211-IT Mode
Theoretically I have two of the same controllers

I can see all of the disk when doing the initialization, but I can't do anything to the disk
These are fresh, brand new disks

The error I get from command line when I "fdisk c50000...." is "cannot stat disk"

Is there some BIOS setting I am missing? During installation, it took forever to "seek disk", I had to install with all drives pulled except for one.
Any clues on what to do?

hagak

Oct 22, 2012
I assume the one controller is builtin to the motherboard. Look for a setting for the MB bios to disable the controllers bios(might be called something different), you may run into a conflict if both controllers are the same and both are trying to run there own BIOS, only one needs to. Note though if you can boot this probably is not the issue since everytime I have seen it, it prevents booting altogether, but worth a shot.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Is that boot order and listing correct? Are you booting off of both controllers? I'd start eliminating those variables and setting up the cards correctly.

I know this part sux. I hate having to boot into RAID card BIOS.

2g33k4u

Feb 21, 2012
Glendale, AZ
did you make the raid on the card then try to make it in in os? for me with my dell card I had to make each drive its own vdev then os saw each drive and i made the zfs partition.