Canada Netgear XS708T 10gig switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Selling my Netgear XS708T 8 port 10gb switch. Bought it at the begining of Oct of this year. Selling as I just picked up one of the Ubiquiti 1ogig switches and cant justify keeping both of them

Asking 925$ CND shipped to Canada or US

xs708t by pyro__, on Flickr

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Ouch, GLWS, that damned Ubiquiti deal just skewered a lot of us on legacy switch sales.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Worse case I hang onto it for a while or toss it up on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Not really looking to trade but shoot me a PM with what you are thinking and I will at least consider it

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
I'll PM you tomorrow, but it's really hard to decide what to trade you if I don't know what you might be interested in :)

I've got (x4) 2TB SAS HDDs, I've got HP servers, I've got 10GB NICs (10GB SFP and 10GB RJ45 Ethernet), I've got Ivy Bridge ES Processors, I've got a "metric shit ton" (a shit-ton is equal to roughly 400GB) of DDR3 2GB RDIMMs, and also lots of other misc. goods.

If you're interested in a serve-the-home type lab, chances are that I have atleast something you might like.

If you're only looking to sell vs. trade let me know and I'll stand down. (unless you can accept $525 USD, in which case you can PM me :) )

I don't really want to buy, but I'm more than willing to trade. I already cabled my whole house with Cat6 cable, so I'm really looking for either an 8-port or a 16-port Netgear 10GBe (RJ45 ports) switch for my setup. It would essentially work for my NAS backup for my family's PCs, or for media streaming to my projector)

Let me know! (832)797-4575 <-- if you want to talk

Last edited:

Kevin

Aug 9, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
If you're American that's actually not a bad deal even compared to the ubnt switches considering US>CDN is anywhere from $1.31 to $1.35 lately, that's only 740ish US. Those unifi switches only give you 4x 10gbe and a bunch of sfp ports. So this is double the price of the beta switches but you do get double the 10gbe built in. If you're like me and need(want) more gbe ports than sfp ports to take advantage of computers in both network closet and different rooms that have built in 10gbe and already have cat6 in the wall, then the netgear is just as good unless you also need a ton of sfp ports.

glws, I'd be tempted to grab it if I didn't have a newborn at home.

(sticking with 1gbe for now is less of a problem when you only get to work on things for 15 minutes before getting tied up with baby duty. Faster transfers have become less attractive when it takes longer for me to get back to the computer than the transfers take lol)