Need Supermicro IPMI VGA socket, anyone has motherboard not working?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
it was a fight, but the vga port is taken off and still looks good.
I am awaiting instructions on how to get it to you

ndemarco

Jun 23, 2020
Seriously? That's some great soldering - to get that part off without destroying it.

I'm in the US - Raleigh, North Carolina. Not sure where you are.

ndemarco

Jun 23, 2020
Yes it does, but serial console is not helpful for Windows setup.
The BMC also supports console redirection, but adding a display adapter makes the "default" a pain.
Besides, who here likes wonky stuff?

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
This is pretty much why if I have to run Windows for something I don't run it bare-metal. I really do not want to hard-wire a complete KVM every time an OS is having a fit. Serial is much easier, and if you only need serial if your Hypervisor has a problem it's even better.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This thread reminds me of my quest to find an SAS connector for a HD control board. I didn't know they were unique. Never was able to find the one I needed but learned never to try to locate a specific connector again.

kevinf

Feb 8, 2024
So I have an X9DRD-7LNF with VGA that was bent around before I got it. I setup the serial at least so I can get to the console if needed. So ordered a couple of these from LCSC as mine appeared the same. I just didn't look super close. My orientation is backwards to the above connectors. I can put it on upside down facing inward physically. Any suggestion on adjusted part number for the orientation?PXL_20240131_003741412.jpg4F that the

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
So I have an X9DRD-7LNF with VGA that was bent around before I got it. I setup the serial at least so I can get to the console if needed. So ordered a couple of these from LCSC as mine appeared the same. I just didn't look super close. My orientation is backwards to the above connectors. I can put it on upside down facing inward physically. Any suggestion on adjusted part number for the orientation?View attachment 344254F that the
If it was me I'd look for the correct plug. Gotta be out there somewhere. If push comes to shove you could always pick up a donor board. There's a seller on eBay that sells almost nothing but defective MB's, I bought a X12STL-iF from him for $29 and all that was wrong with it was a mangled battery holder.

Seller link - | eBay

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
I also suggest finding the correct one instead of doing the inward-facing mod. Most of the designers/engineers like to stick to known working suppliers and parts, so it's likely that they used an older version of the same Foxconn. You should be able to do the same digging I did (with RolloZ170) to find a match. If you have the old connector it can help to make some real close-up pictures to see if there is any embossed printing or something like it, since that also shows up on mechanical drawings.