Need advice on a dual epyc (pcie 4.0) pedestal server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
So i need a dual epyc (pci-e 4.0) pedestal server for work. I cant really find anyone that makes these in a pedestal box so im thinking either a custom shop or it will have to be built in-house which id rather avoid as everyone is stretched thin as it is.

Can anyone recommend a place that can do this? Preferably in the san fran area but mailorder could work too.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I checked some vendor that sell custom servers in Germany and they didn't have a dual epyc tower/pedestal system available. I think you will need to build it yourself.

I would go with a supermicro 745b chassis:
- has redundant silent psus
- enough connectors for up to 4 gpus
- backplane supports up to 8 3.5" sata/sas hdds/ssds, can be swapped with a model that supports up to 4 u.2/u.3 ssds/accelerators
- can be rackmounted
- fans can be replaced with superquiet models (2.8k rpm, would not recommend for such a system!) or fast fans for x11/h11+ generations (9.4k rpm, not suited for a noise sensitive environment)

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
I checked some vendor that sell custom servers in Germany and they didn't have a dual epyc tower/pedestal system available. I think you will need to build it yourself.

I would go with a supermicro 745b chassis:
- has redundant silent psus
- enough connectors for up to 4 gpus
- backplane supports up to 8 3.5" sata/sas hdds/ssds, can be swapped with a model that supports up to 4 u.2/u.3 ssds/accelerators
- can be rackmounted
- fans can be replaced with superquiet models (2.8k rpm, would not recommend for such a system!) or fast fans for x11/h11+ generations (9.4k rpm, not suited for a noise sensitive environment)
Thanks. Do you know of any reasonably priced redundant power supplies that will bolt into an ATX chassis?