My budget server build S2ML - Quanta QSSC-2ML 1U Server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DuDu

Dec 31, 2022
TL;DR, To be continued soon...

Build’s Name: 
S2ML
Operating System: PVE, Ubuntu

Specification:

Dimension: Rack 1U (seems not standard 1U, Quanta has multiple models like that)
Chassis, barebone system: Quanta QSSC-2ML
Chipset: Intel C602
CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2670 V2 *2
Motherboard: Quanta S2ML
Drives: Hynix SE4011 960G SSD, WD 10T*1, 18T HDD*2
RAM: 256G, Sam sung DDR3 1866 ECC REG 32G *8
Onboard Net: Intel 82599 10Gb, SPF+ Port *1
Add-in module: 1Gb SFP to RJ45 *1
Onboard Slot: PCIe 16x Gen3 *1
Add-in Cards: 90-degree PCIe riser, PCIe 1x to dual USB 3.1
Power Supply: 700w
Power cord cable: 15 AWG gauge
Add-in fans: Delta 5010 fans *2, 4pin cable
Air filter: electrostatic polypropylene filters 75g/m2, it's not HEPA but does the same work

Usage:
Running 7+ blockchain full nodes and 1 NAS service, 60G memory in use, average CPU load is 14%

About the build:
Did this build for NAS and blockchain nodes some yrs ago, and made some upgrades last year to meet the scale of the nodes, not the top performance but it's enough for running multiple nodes. This system is originally designed for 8 SATA drives, but mine only has 1 backplane so that’s the max for 4 SATA drives.
It's one of the budget server builds and they are built with mostly used components and bought from our local eCommerce platform, currently, it's still running under the couch in the living room, yeah, 1U server fits that thin space, I’ve added a piece of Air filter in the front to avoid dust been sucked into it, the HEPA need to replace every half year when it turns dark, so it’s also an extra air purifier.

The Top view of the server:
S2ML-01-3-top-view.jpg

Under the couch and covered by an electrostatic polypropylene filter:
QSSC-2ML_front_01-800x459.jpg

The label:
QSSC-2ML_Label_01-800x943.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited: