Motherboard Recomendation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rook

Feb 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a Super-micro board for a dual E5-26xx v1/v2 build.

I have used many of SM's UP offerings, and so I was wondering if anyone hand any recommendations on their DP line-up.

The only features I am really concerned with are IPMI and 16 DIMMS. On-board networking doesn't matter that much too me as I already have some decent 10G nics kicking around.

Thanks for you input.

Rook

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
All their boards are good but I find browsing their list of boards the best to find the 'mix' of features I want for the price :) The key thing is to find the features you need in the form factor you need. (E-ATX, EEATX, Etc...)

Rook

Feb 2, 2016
Looking back, I realize that my question was rather daft. I understand matching feature set/form factor to the needs of the build. I guess I was trying to ask if there are any odd revision specific issues that I need to look out for. I could of stated that better though. :) Thanks for the advice.