Motherboard failed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AFisher

Jun 2, 2017
So I'm looking to upgrade my MoBo from an lga 1155 i5 chipset to something new and looking for a bit of advice.

In the past I have been partial to Gigabyte and Intel, but have not purchased any real hardware in 5+ years.
What I'm looking for is a board that can support 32+ gigs of ram, ATX (would prefer Micro ATX) and as many PCIe as possible (would prefer them to be x4 or better)

not to concerned with the on board ports there are, I don't need audio, com, or NIC, in my ideal board would be a few USB 3, a couple of SATA 6G a video and a bunch of PCIe 4x

anyways what do you like
oh, I'm using this as a SAN\NAS if it's important

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
As many PCIe as possible means how many? 5 ? 10?
Xeon e5 can have 5x pcie3 x4 without problem, above that you need dual cpu or AMD

Budget would be interesting too ;) Consumer or server grade?

AFisher

Jun 2, 2017
As many PCIe as possible means how many? 5 ? 10?
Xeon e5 can have 5x pcie3 x4 without problem, above that you need dual cpu or AMD

Budget would be interesting too ;) Consumer or server grade?

As many as possible given the form factor, single CPU and under 200$ or at least as close to 200$ as feasible, but would also need a CPU and memory, I'm trying to stay under 500 total

Tom5051

Jan 18, 2017
Look on ebay for a replacement LGA1155 motherboard, PCIe lanes are limited by the CPU and chipset capabilities.
Otherwise sell your i5 processor and DDR3 memory and buy the best news parts you can afford.