Monero Mining Performance

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
Well, that's what cpuid hwmonitor said. On my I7 2600 it says 50w. Actually, it says 42w when its left running on the 2620.

Both have the same 95w TDP stated on Intels web page. Both run around 50-60% usage, dont know how accurate this is

BTW. Why are my hash rates much higher on the poolside? I'm testing 7950 and I get around 425H/s from it and its pretty stable. But on the pool side is says 483H/s for 1 hour avarage.

Last edited:

yyfong

Oct 7, 2017
Well, that's what cpuid hwmonitor said. On my I7 2600 it says 50w. Actually, it says 42w when its left running on the 2620.

Both have the same 95w TDP stated on Intels web page. Both run around 50-60% usage, dont know how accurate this is

BTW. Why are my hash rates much higher on the poolside? I'm testing 7950 and I get around 425H/s from it and its pretty stable. But on the pool side is says 483H/s for 1 hour avarage.
You may get a watt meter to check the power usage.
My dual X5650, @95W tdp each, server consume 230W total when mining, 100W idle, 14W switch off.

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, the power meter is incoming from china. Probably will take months to arrive because of all the christmas zombies.

I also have a pair of 2680v2:s on the way, this 2620 was just something i got fast & cheap to test this board and get it up & running. And i was also curious about its performance, and i'm pleasantly surprised. Might get a singly cpu board & some dirt cheap ram for it.

Even with the single 2620 this thing runs smooth, probably will end up being my desktop setup. The cheap ram makes theses systems pretty awesome.

Last edited:

yyfong

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah, the power meter is incoming from china. Probably will take months to arrive because of all the christmas zombies.

I also have a pair of 2680v2:s on the way, this 2620 was just something i got fast & cheap to test this board and get it up & running.

Even with the 2620 it runs smooth, probably will end up being my desktop setup. The cheap ram makes this system pretty awesome.
Dual e5-2680v2 should get around 1200H/s, that’s good.

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
That's what i'm aiming for, but maybe this is more about fiddling with dual cpu boards and having way too many cores.

Has anyone tested E7-4800 series CPUs? Xeon E7- 4870 seems like a cheap way of getting 30mb of cache per CPU, and 4 of them would equal 60 threads. As it seems this is mostly about cache?

yyfong

Oct 7, 2017
That's what i'm aiming for, but maybe this is more about fiddling with dual cpu boards and having way too many cores.

Has anyone tested E7-4800 series CPUs? Xeon E7- 4870 seems like a cheap way of getting 30mb of cache per CPU, and 4 of them would equal 60 threads. As it seems this is mostly about cache?
E7-4870 is old architecture (Westmere 32nm), which is the same as my X5650. Don’t expect high hashrate per watt.

Janiashvili

Dec 16, 2016
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a best pool? I'm testing dwarfpool for couple of days but I think I'm not getting correct amount of XMR (vs "calculated amount")

Janiashvili

Dec 16, 2016
By the way, are these "estimated income" trustworthy?

Used other pool for a week before and got half of what was "estimated" and "calculated"

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Janiashvili and @yyfong the calculators are off.

I was actually looking at the Aeon one, and I realized their variables were off a bit which is why it was saying I should be making a lot more.

I now just use how much I am actually earning as my number then divide by hash rate. On the Aeon side since I configured the pool I know it is only sucking 1% as a fee (in theory people running other pools could mess with this) and that 1% is paying the distribution transaction fees.

BTW if you are using CPUs, you should look at our Aeon pool these days.

Janiashvili

Dec 16, 2016

I was actually looking at the Aeon one, and I realized their variables were off a bit which is why it was saying I should be making a lot more.

I now just use how much I am actually earning as my number then divide by hash rate. On the Aeon side since I configured the pool I know it is only sucking 1% as a fee (in theory people running other pools could mess with this) and that 1% is paying the distribution transaction fees.

Wait a second, Aeon is another coin? Is it a stable coin you'd recommend? It's growth rate is pleasant, how does its mining compare vs Monero profitability wise?

And yes, I'm using couple low-end Xeon CPUs

Last edited:

yyfong

Oct 7, 2017

I am mining AEON in D13 and aeon-pool.com for months with small 10K hashrate.
I noticed your pool is semi-private, so I am not interested at the moment.
Thank you.

hany

Nov 21, 2017
hello, I have been mining xmr for 1 straight month with my intel core i9 7940x 14 core ( 19mb l3,14mb l2) with hash rate of 900h/s , interestingly I used 14 threads instead of 9 , due to the huge l2 cache. any one playing around with the core i9 , specially 7940x or 7960x or 7980x ??????? the power consumption is surprisingly low at 4.1 ghz . I use nicehash. all I can say that the core i9 behaves similar to the xeonsgold and platinum even in power consumption

Last edited:

yyfong

Oct 7, 2017
hello, I have been mining xmr with my intel core i9 7940x ( 19mb l3,14mb l2) with hash rate of 900h/s , interestingly I used 14 threads instead of 9 , due to the huge l2 cache. any one playing around with the core i9 , specially 7940x or 7960x or 7980x ??????? the power consumption is surprisingly low at 4.1 ghz . I use nicehash
Non-inclusive cache?