Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
Hey All,
I noticed something weird with the X710s on the MS-01s, they dont seem to like the many varieties of passive copper dac cables that I have. I see error on my switch interface, the same copper dac's seem to work ok with my collection of x520 cards. Anyway I switched the copper cables in my MS-01s to Fiber active AOC and I no longer see errors.
This is unlucky. I bought 1 each of the cheapest 1m, 1.5m & 2m DAC I could find on AliExpress (3 different suppliers and they look like different factories) when I ordered the MS-01. They all worked fine when I gave them a quick check & the 2m DAC has been running flawlessly into a $30 HiSource switch for a few weeks now.

sstho

Feb 12, 2024
for me IIRC it was 'admin' but the new password should be complexe enough for the change mechanism to work, also I think you should start by setting the BIOS supervisor first

Elzeard

Jan 16, 2024
for me IIRC it was 'admin' but the new password should be complexe enough for the change mechanism to work, also I think you should start by setting the BIOS supervisor first
Thanks for your answer. I find keyboard is in qwerty by default and i got an azerty one. So it's admin but in qwerty for me

Elzeard

Jan 16, 2024
I hate the AZERTY Layout although it is the default one available in my region, QWERTY FTW
Azerty is the default one in France. I heard a lot of peoples who switched to QWERTY, they prefer QWERTY too.

I'm miss courage to switch ! :)

Reactions: sstho

stich86

May 24, 2023
Hey All,
I noticed something weird with the X710s on the MS-01s, they dont seem to like the many varieties of passive copper dac cables that I have. I see error on my switch interface, the same copper dac's seem to work ok with my collection of x520 cards. Anyway I switched the copper cables in my MS-01s to Fiber active AOC and I no longer see errors.
there is also an issue if you are using bridge with vlans
You cannot leave full range because it supports only low range of VLAN for hardware acceleration, so take care of this if you use into Proxmox :)

Reactions: the-last-englishman

stich86

May 24, 2023
FYI, the SFP+ Modules in the picture attached are working and can negotiate 10000 mbps with a Mikrotik switch
i'm currently using 10G-Tek SFP DAC cable (passive) without any issue at 10Gbps on Mikrotik CRS305 and UniFi USW-24 Enterprise

Reactions: ms264556

andrei4002

Feb 15, 2024
i'm finding the ms-01 a bit too loud when it's in full load. is there a way to deliberately cripple the cpu so that it runs slower in terms of performance and not have the fan go crazy? (currently running proxmox on it if that helps)

would running only on E cores help in this regard?

Feb 19, 2024
i'm finding the ms-01 a bit too loud when it's in full load. is there a way to deliberately cripple the cpu so that it runs slower in terms of performance and not have the fan go crazy? (currently running proxmox on it if that helps)

would running only on E cores help in this regard?

You can disbale some cores in the bios. But then I do not understand why you bought ms-01 when you just want to lower its performance