Minisforum MS-01 BIOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jcbdmd

Feb 16, 2024
Without pulling mine apart and looking at the board, does know if there is a CMOS CLR jumper, or easy to bridge set of pins? Or do I need to just detach battery for a while. Not looking forward to pulling everything out to get to the Mobo

Aug 20, 2023
Without pulling mine apart and looking at the board, does know if there is a CMOS CLR jumper, or easy to bridge set of pins? Or do I need to just detach battery for a while. Not looking forward to pulling everything out to get to the Mobo
You need to remove the battery, no reset buttton, no jumper........

Tich77

Mar 28, 2024
Quick question. What key combo enters BIOS on boot? Ive tried the usual suspects - Del, F12, F2.. F11 nothing seems to work
The Minisforum splash screen is displayed so briefly, there is no indication the machine has booted until I see the Win login screen.

Zerauskire

Apr 12, 2024
Quick question. What key combo enters BIOS on boot? Ive tried the usual suspects - Del, F12, F2.. F11 nothing seems to work
The Minisforum splash screen is displayed so briefly, there is no indication the machine has booted until I see the Win login screen.
When you see the MinisForum logo just hit the ESC key. You can also just keep mashing it until that screen appears in case you are worried about missing it since it goes by so quick. You will then get options to get in to the BIOS or just change the boot order etc...

If you're just trying to change the boot order so you can boot from a USB or something, just go to the Boot Options, use the mouse to drag the one you want to boot from to the top, then hit the back arrow. It will ask you if you want to save so do that. Then just hit the button that says Boot and it will reboot and boot in the order you just changed it to.

maximimaxima

Apr 22, 2024
Are there any recommended BIOS settings that you would adjust for running proxmox?

I have already:
  • disabled all unnecessary devices I dont need in my rack (10GB nic, wifi, pcie 3 slot...)
  • lowered voltages a bit (to 40000 and 60000)
  • enabled ASPM for certain devices
  • secure boot off
  • max battery mode
  • turbo boost off
ANything else Im missing to make this as quiet and power efficient as possible?

Reactions: Fazio

Amodin

Apr 26, 2024
Has anyone had any issues with the MS-01 not ever finding any kind of boot device whatsoever?

I just got my i5 bare bones MS-01, installed my M.2 drive and DDR5 memory (yes brand new hardware). All I can get to is the BIOS (it ships with ver. 1.22, 3/24/2024) and it's really basic. You don't even see what boot devices there are on any page, best you can see is a boot order. But, I can't find my USB device, M.2 drive, nothing. About to just send it back, tell them to pound sand, get my refund and find another solution.

Alan242

Feb 24, 2018
I can't find my USB device, M.2 drive, nothing.
I see the m.2 my unit came with and a external USB to m.2 drive under SETUP->Boot. Both drives appear in the Boot Options drop downs on that menu. The drives also appear in the Boot and BBS buttons from main screen.

Are your drives setup for UEFI boot? I'd wager this system does not support the old BIOS boot method.

Amodin

Apr 26, 2024
Actually, I found the problem - as rare as this is, I had two corrupted ISO images that I had tried to use, so the mini wouldn't/couldn't read the USB drive. And naturally, the internal M.2 drive couldn't be read, as nothing was on it to read.
Then I tried a Knoppix boot, and it worked (always has, lol), and that's when I figured out the image I just downloaded was not working right.