Mini SAS HD Cable from onboard U.2?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marshalleq

Nov 13, 2019
Hi all, I have an Lenovo P700 workstation for which I purchased 2x Lenovo 03T8798 as shown here. I just thought I'd prefer a hot swap style of connector.

However it requires a sas card with Mini SAS HD connectors. I notice there are plenty of PCIe Mini SAS HD cards such as this one for the purposes of U.2 connections.

I think you can connect an SATA adapter to these, but the question I have is can you connect one that has a 4x sata splitter to one of these such as you'd do with a normal sas card either in hardware raid or IT mode? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask. Not sure if it's a SAS feature or they can just split the 4x PCIe lanes some other way.

Failing that, if I could get a male SFF-8087 to female Mini SAS HD that'd work as I have the 8087 internally, but it seems that those aren't available anywhere.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Marshalleq

Marshalleq

Nov 13, 2019
Well, I was expecting to say that's not what I want, but I am pleasantly surprised, thank you.

I think all P700's can take that if I'm not mistaken - thank you again!

Marshalleq.