AU MICRON M500DC 480GB $150 and 960GB SSD $300

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vBuild2BAU

Feb 27, 2016
Melbourne Australia
MICRON M500DC 480GB SSD for Apple Dell IBM HP Lenovo Notebook 2.5" $150.00 | eBay

$105 USD after conversion.

His description leaves much to be desired. These are the enterprise grade SSDs Micron M500DC. Not the consumer level SSDs M500.

He has multiple 480GB and 960GB just send him an email and he'll set up the transaction.

I was able to negotiate down to $140 each per drive for the 480GB drives.

These appear to be out of HP servers with HP firmware but work fine. Low power on hours around 50 Power on Hours on the 2 I checked.

Most importantly these SSDs appear to be on VMware vSAN HCL: LINK

Some Review excerpts:

"Random write performance is on par with drives that are twice the price. This benefited most of our mixed workload tests, especially our database profile, where the M500DC was incredibly quick. It’s not just raw speed that impressed us, it was also consistency. While not the most consistent drive we have ever tested, it far surpassed SSDs in a similar price range. At 2 drive writes per day (DWPD), the M500DC is also suited for more write intensive applications. Throw in Micron’s impressive list of enterprise features, 2M hour MTBF and 5 year warranty, and you can feel confident that your data is safe."

Source: http://www.thessdreview.com/our-rev...-480gb-great-write-performance-great-price/4/

With large amounts of overprovisiong:

"To get away with cMLC in the enterprise space, Micron sets aside an enormous portion of the NAND for over-provisioning. The 480GB model features a total of six NAND packages, each consisting of eight 128Gbit dies for a total NAND capacity of 768GiB. In other words, only 58% of the NAND ends up being user-accessible. Of course not all of that is over-provisioning as Micron's NAND redundancy technology, RAIN, dedicates a portion of the NAND for parity data, but the M500DC still has more over-provisioning than a standard enterprise drive. The only exception is the 800GB model which has 1024GiB of NAND onboard with 73% of that being accessible by the user."

Source: Micron M500DC (480GB & 800GB) Review

vBuild2BAU

Feb 27, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Message him he has more. I have no idea why he doesn't list multiples. He is just listing 1 drive at a time.
I had to ask him to list 11 in one transaction after I purchased a sample.