MICRON 1100 2TB 6G SFF for $59

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gardar

Nov 15, 2012
Is putting the smart data / life remaining of the disks in the description on ebay a thing of the past?
Or is it just that easy for buyers to do a Paypal claim in case the disks are worn out?

Reactions: Samir

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Is putting the smart data / life remaining of the disks in the description on ebay a thing of the past?
Or is it just that easy for buyers to do a Paypal claim in case the disks are worn out?
Sometimes they post it or you might want to message them.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Your data is more important than the product warranty.
I think all of us will have estimated expects before we put data into a TLC ssd and a QLC ssd.

(And I think Micron is not willing to take more warranty re... on its consumer or business grade SSDs, so it sets the TBW of 1100 2tb as 400tb on the spec sheet, which is obviously lower than Crucial's consumer grade TLC SSDs.)

Below is not relative to Micron 1100 and other Micron brand consumer or business grade SSDs.

Personally, I will not try a SSD which changes its design from TLC to QLC but keeps as a same model number.

Before you watch below videos, I need to mention that, not only the brand in these videos, but other brands are doing the same thing.

Below videos are in Chinese language, 1 from 3 month ago and the other from 1 month ago.

And then, on 30th of last month (3/30), it announced MP33Q. Below is in Chinese language.
Looks like it is not able to bare the similar videos like above 2.

Last edited:

UhClem

just another Bozo on the bus
Jun 26, 2012
NH, USA
(in reference to a Toshiba 2TB Sata for $68 w/better TBW#)
" Seller does not accept returns " - I won't be buying them.
Good point. Maybe even more important is that it's the same seller as for the Micron 2TB for $58 (w/returns accepted) which you posted just above. Might be that rare eBay seller who actually knows their goods?? :)
=========
"You can fool some of the people some of the time, and that's enough to make a decent living." --W.C. Fields

Reactions: Samir and Aluminat

M_server

Nov 10, 2019
used ssd with 400tbw for 59$? No thanks!
I think this would be a better choice for a used SSD - Toshiba 1.92TB 2.5" SSD Hard Drive SATA THNSN81Q92CSE | eBay

SSDCapacityNANDTBWDWPD 5yrs (calc.)
Toshiba HK4R1,92MLC35201,005

or Samsung PM863 with 2773 TBW SAMSUNG MZ-7LM1T90 1.92TB Solid State Drive | eBay

I mean 400 TBW is a pretty slim chance of getting a good SSD life than 2773 ot 3520 TBW
Is there a good source for ex DC 3.84TB SATA 2.5in SSDs? They dont seem to have dropped in price nearly close to what the 1.92tbs have.

Jek123

Apr 12, 2023
Is there a good source for ex DC 3.84TB SATA 2.5in SSDs? They dont seem to have dropped in price nearly close to what the 1.92tbs have.
now - it seems not, but last weeek I was lucky and I bought 2 Samsung PM883 for 150$ each :)
they are in demand, so you need to catch a good offer

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
I am not so sure, that this is "real" PLP, it is listed as power loss protection for data at rest.

Micron/Crucial is known to have touted PLP on their client drives, I suspect that is the case here.
As I knew, when micron released its 1100 series SSD, a review article said the only difference between the 1100 and the crucial one is 1100's firmware that the PLP and other features were added to.
Kingston also released a similar SSD series with a same concept. Usually this kind of SSDs are used for Business computers estimated to run 8 hours/day, 5 days/week.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I almost jumped on this train, but then I remembered that we'd be decommissioning soon enough Netapp with dozen of PM1633 3.84TB SAS12 drives (7K TBW).
Hey if you have excess, and want to dump one or two at fire sale, I have a SAS HBA with a few extra slots I wanted to plug in a SAS SSD into for funsies.

actually, with those PM 1633's, did you have to do firmware updates over their lives? were they affected by any samsung bugs?

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Hey if you have excess, and want to dump one or two at fire sale, I have a SAS HBA with a few extra slots I wanted to plug in a SAS SSD into for funsies.

actually, with those PM 1633's, did you have to do firmware updates over their lives? were they affected by any samsung bugs?
I don't understand why so many folks got overexcited about me mentioning these drives.
a) As I said soon, which translated to my company language, means several months, not days. It may not even happen until next year.
b) You don't have to guess too hard what I do for a living, so, of course, I looked up prices of LSI 3k series SAS HBA controllers (around $100-150), which seems like a cheap way to go potentially run these drives in my pc.
c) I am not the only engineer aware of these drives' existence, and my colleague gets his cut before any of the STH crowd does. Sorry, c'est la vie.
d) I'm not even 100% sure if the NetApp SSDs are PM 1633s or something else entirely.

I can't put the cat back in the bag, but please understand that my post was mainly for my reasons for not jumping on this deal. That is all.