Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI with SAS $29

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
This looks like a cool listing. The CX3 is not necessarily the best price at $29, but this one has a bracket and an internal to external SAS converter on the same bracket. That's a pretty neat way to combine slots. These internal to external SAS adapters can cost quite a bit so getting these together is not bad. I've def spent $30 on just an internal to external SAS adapter before.

Reactions: Yunia and Dreece

koifish59

Sep 30, 2020
I saw this one too and almost grabbed a few. But for anyone else thinking about this, just note that VPI model doesn't support RoCE v2, if that's what you need. You'd need a CX3 PRO model for that.

Reactions: Yunia and Dreece

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
This looks like a cool listing. The CX3 is not necessarily the best price at $29, but this one has a bracket and an internal to external SAS converter on the same bracket. That's a pretty neat way to combine slots. These internal to external SAS adapters can cost quite a bit so getting these together is not bad. I've def spent $30 on just an internal to external SAS adapter before.

How does the internal to external SAS converter on this card connect to a another SAS card? I do not understand how this works

semidetached

Sep 18, 2018
Thank you. Do I do this in windows linux?
Either. Most linux distros will have a package for the mstflint tool. I haven't used windows, but the official Mellanox tools should include the flint tool, which does the same thing.