Looking for VPS or dedicated Server with near perfect latency to Phoenix (Arizona)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Thank you again @Blinky 42 and @WANg for the great insights you provide. I am happy to learn and really appreciate your input and our conversation very much.

There was a comment here about http/s and how it has issues with responsiveness.
According to the official docs, all poloniex API calls use wss (websocket).
Is this faster? Or better? Or easier to write scripts for?

About measuring time..
i've received adivce elsewhere to write a ruby script.
The built-in benchmarking looks pretty easy to use.
Would this be a good way to proceed? And would ruby on rails be required to send requests to the server?

And about wrapping the whole thing up into a script that actually runs.. the buy command is listed in the poloniex docs, and has an immediateOrCancel option. So i can see all the pieces, but for a non-programmer syntax will be a challenge. Are there any good beginner tutorials that can help me to write this thing?
Websockets is not the issue - it's probably overhead from everything else that would outweigh it. As for optimizing it for speed, worry about getting something working first, then tweak for speed - go with something like Python. I recommend looking at existing code before you proceed...no need to re-invent the wheel. Here's a human friendly API for Poloniex that you can use with iPython on a Linux box. As for anything specific I can tell you? Learn R, pandas and matplotlib to get analytics done...that's what me and the quants used in the old gigs - it's pretty much industry standard for analytics.