I remember reading a post on dslr where this scenario did indeed work. It had to do configuring the vnic correctly. See this post Re: PFSense RG Bypass with High Availability - AT&T U-verse | DSLReports ForumsYou need to do pcie passthrough on the ethernet card. The vswitch won't pass EAPOL packets.
I just checked mine. Vlan id is set to 4095 for the wan port group (along with all security options enabled). 4095 in esxi indicates passing of all vlan ID's.Well, i spun up a new pfsense instance on my ESXI to try the WPA_SUPPLICANT method but it didn't work out. Here are the steps I took.
1) vmxnet interface are not detected by ngctl, use E1000
2) Created a new VSWITCH with uplink to the dedicated ethernet port, set security to allow for all three
3) create a port group with VLAN0, set security to allow for all three
4) assign this port group to the em0 interface in pfsense
5) set up the scripts in pfsense and run them
6) only see EAP START, Len 0 in tcpdump on ngeth0 and nothing else
At this point, i'm stuck. Any help?
Send me a pm and I’ll send you mine.Could someone send me the valid .der certs for a nvg589? I put them together manually plain text from a file i found online. However, I can't get the EAP process to authorize and I'm thinking it may be those .der cert files. The mfg.dat file was pulled directly from the bios chip.
Unless someone knows how to get the .der files from the chip bios which i wasn't able to find anything about
I couldn't get the ttl to work on the BGW210. Was just garbled text. I think I may have sent 5v instead of 3.3v at first and zapped something sigh. Still works fine but no way for me to get the eap off it now