Looking for recommendation on less expensive Ryzen motherboard with remote management

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
So this might be a challenge.... I've got a HP 705 G4 SFF right now with 64GB DDR4, Ryzen Pro 2700 and a 4-port PCI-E x1 NIC.

I want a motherboard with more usable PCI-E slots but one that also has some form of remote management capabilities.... the problem is that I only have a bit over $100 budget for a motherboard. To make matters worse, I also need one that does PCI-E bifurcation as I have a quad m.2 card I'd like to use in it.

The reason I even have the 705 G4 is because I got a good deal on it and wanted the DASH management functionality which works pretty well (not as good as IPMI but I'll take what I can get for the price). It's running ESXi 6.7 currently.

Ideally, after I move my parts over, I'd like my final system specs to look something like this:
  • Ryzen Pro 2700 (to upgrade to PCI-E 4.0 capable CPU later)
  • 64GB RAM
  • 10 GB SFP+ NIC
  • 4-port gigabit adapter
  • quad PCI-E 4.0-capable SSD's in RAID-0
  • Other misc SATA 6G SSD's
This thing will be running SQL Server, a router distro, a general purpose server and be an all-around Swiss-Army Server. Also I work with some pretty large datasets

Since I have a Pro CPU I was looking at the MSI B550M PRO DASH but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas.... though I have no idea if that board supports bifurcation.

I would love it if there were a way to cleanly and inexpensively add remote management to an existing motherboard but all I see out there is a Raspberry Pi-based thing which won't work for me and it's actually pretty expensive looking.I have an old Pi 3b laying around but I don't have the time to figure out how to make server power control work... though I do have a USB video capture dongle I could use.

Thanks!