Looking for: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS modded bios w bifurcation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

icodeforyou

Jul 22, 2023
Hi all,

I recently acquired one of these boards, and I figured I would share my modified BIOS (attached) since this thread has been helpful to me. I have enabled bifurcation options for all the slots connected to CPU2 (Slots 5, 6, 7). The settings can be configured from within the BIOS and are named in a coherent fashion (IntelRCSetup->IIO Configuration->PCIEX16 Bifurcation).

I did try to enable bifurcation for the slots connected to CPU1, but I didn't have any luck. This may have to do with the fact that they are routed through switches for the x8/x8/x8/x8 vs x16/x0/x16/x0 functionality, but I didn't investigate further.

Let me know if you encounter any issues, etc. or if this is useful to you.

Thanks!

Download Link
Thanks very much for that contribution! Just one little question: Slot 6 is not 16x, or is it? So what would the bifurcation option be there? 4x/4x?

I am personally quite happy with bifurcation on the two 16x slots for CPU 2. Works just great for me now.

But having the BIOS option to switch it on/off is a nice addition.

wade8010

Nov 4, 2023
Right: Slot 6 only has 8 lanes routed to it, so the options in the BIOS for bifurcation are x8 or x4,x4. Slots 5 and 7 have the option of every possible permutation of their 16 lanes.

Yeah, I don't really have a lot of reason to try to figure out how to enable bifurcation on the remaining (CPU1 connected) slots either- having two full x16 slots and an x8 slot gives pretty good options.