Looking for: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS modded bios w bifurcation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So after @RageBone was able to revive the 'dead' Asus Board from here (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asus-z10pe-wont-post-b0-and-b2-error-codes.22325/) I am now locking to put it to use.

I noticed that Asus does not support bifurcation out of the box but there are ways to unlock it with a bios mod (primarily used to overclock Xeon v3's) but thats not my goal.

I am rather looking for a bios that has bifurcation enabled on either of the x16 slots to x4x4x4x4 or the x8 slot to x4x4.

Does anyone have such a bios? Not really too keen to get knee deep into bios modding only for this;)
Thanks

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I still have a folder called ASUS_Z10PE-D8_BiosModding_Tools with the following content

1648372660362.png

I think you'll need to follow howto.txt to mod the running bios, you can use the existing file if you run the same official bios.
Else you'll need to follow the originally described process (hoping i copied everything or that the original resources are still in place).

Good luck

p.s.Dont use mine atm, but it has been working flawlessly for years while it was in use:)

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
@gb00s you don't see IntelRCSetup in your BIOS ?
Yes with RC revision 03.02.00. BIOS wasn't updated and is still on 3202, the last BIOS before all the Spectre/Meltdown firmware updates. But this board is NOT a Z10PE-16 but a Z10PR-X16. I heard they are sharing similar BIOS's.

Z10PR16_resized.png

I would like to be able to use one of the or both x8 for x4/x4.

I still have a folder called ASUS_Z10PE-D8_BiosModding_Tools with the following content

View attachment 22237

I think you'll need to follow howto.txt to mod the running bios, you can use the existing file if you run the same official bios.
Else you'll need to follow the originally described process (hoping i copied everything or that the original resources are still in place).

Good luck

p.s.Dont use mine atm, but it has been working flawlessly for years while it was in use:)
Oh super cool. I will try single steps as I wasn't successful with the the Z10PA-D8 boards modifying BIOS's for Bi-furcation. Thanks a lot for sharing.

EDIT: Wasn't fully correct that it never worked. It was just super flaky ... some cards worked, some did not.

Last edited:

Jed005

Apr 30, 2022
enable bifurcation
So after @RageBone was able to revive the 'dead' Asus Board from here (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asus-z10pe-wont-post-b0-and-b2-error-codes.22325/) I am now locking to put it to use.

I noticed that Asus does not support bifurcation out of the box but there are ways to unlock it with a bios mod (primarily used to overclock Xeon v3's) but thats not my goal.

I am rather looking for a bios that has bifurcation enabled on either of the x16 slots to x4x4x4x4 or the x8 slot to x4x4.

Does anyone have such a bios? Not really too keen to get knee deep into bios modding only for this;)
Thanks
When I bought my Z10PE-D8 board it came with a custom bios that enabled bifurcation, I kept a copy of this bios. Let me know if you want it?
This is the note he sent to me about this bios.
The current bios is a custom bios from Asus that predates the Spectre patch. The special bios was given to me by Asus in order to enable bifurcation on pcie slot 5. I needed this in order to utilize their hyper m.2 x16 card for software raid (not vroc, that isn't supported by the c612 chipset).

mamas

Aug 23, 2022
Custom Bios for Z10PE-D8
Hi Jed005 thank you for sharing but I don't know is just me, but I did download the file but when doing the EzFlash the file shows corrupted do not work any Idea anyone did anyone tried please let me or everyone know thanks

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Hi JUST Tried Again but integrity check failed
as usual:
its modded BIOS, aktualy there is no way to rebuild the checksum/signage. same for ASRock supermicro...
yo may have to use a hardware programmer or flashback function if available.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
if you just want to change a setting of a hiddenparameter you can use RU.efi
you need the offset of the var and the meaning of the values.
the only disadvantage is the setting are lost if you set BIOS to defaults.
SocketPowerManagementConfig.png

icodeforyou

Jul 22, 2023
I just acquired one of these D8-WS mainboards... has anyone made this work since the custom bios was posted here?

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
I just acquired one of these D8-WS mainboards... has anyone made this work since the custom bios was posted here?
Yes I did. I flashed the custom bios in the IPMI enviorment (ASUS ASMB8). After entering the bios I can see the option to set slot 5 burificaiton.

Burification.png

Reactions: icodeforyou

icodeforyou

Jul 22, 2023
That looks really promising @maxermaxer ! Thanks for the reply. I might try it on mine in the next few days.

Sadly the modded BIOS is not the latest version and is lacking some fixes.

Do you know of any way to modify these BIOS files you got from ASUS website? Maybe the mod could be transferred to the latest version?

Edit: Maybe I should ask @Rand__ if the modding tools are still available somewhere? The link has been dead for a while...

Last edited: