Live Migration fail usins Hyper-V Manager 6.3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

neok

Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I configured a live migration between two Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 servers without failover cluster in a domain scenario. I can successfully migrate a running virtual machine using powershell locally like this:

Move-VM VMSERVER1 HYPERV2 -IncludeStorage -DestinationStoragePath D:\VMACHINES\VMSERVER1

I setup this with constrait delegation like this post Link only that instead of just Kerberos, I use "use any authentication protocol".

This works great, but...

When I try to do the same from an client machine through Hyper-V Manager 6.3 I receive the error "Failed to establish a connection with host 'HYPERV2' : No credentials are available in the security package (0X8009030E)."

I think that is a permission issue on my clien machine (Windows 8.1).

Can someone guide me to what permission or configuration I need to do to migrate from Hyper-V Manager?

Thank you so much for any help.
Best regards

Gabriel

neok

Jun 18, 2018
Exactly.
I've read that post and I haven't found a solution.
There is a reference to another post Enable replication failed: authenticate replica server using Kerberos authenticate - Resolution with screenshots

It says there:
Case 2: If this is domain environment, make sure Everyone, Authenticated Users and Everyone and Authenticated Computers in "Access this computer from the network" policy.

I really don't know what you mean by "and Everyone and Authenticated Computers in "Access this computer from the network"

Do you understand this?
Thanks

neok

Jun 18, 2018
Yes, I know. The only part I was missed is:
  • The Hyper-V management tools installed on a computer running Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10, unless the tools are installed on the source or destination server and you'll run the tools from the server.
I will try to Windows 10 client PC and newer version on Hyper-v Manager..
I'll come back later to tell you the results.

neok

Jun 18, 2018
Edit:
This is not necesary "I will try to Windows 10 client PC and newer version on Hyper-v Manager..
I'll come back later to tell you the results."

Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 is fully compatible.

Okay, I think the issue must come from somewhere else. I can perform Live Migration locally using powershell without any problems.
I have the problem when I try to do it from a client (in this case Windows 8.1) using Hyperv-V Manager console. I'm using the same user to perform the operations.
This appears to be an authentication error. As my credentials with which I started the Hyper-V Manager console on my Windows 8.1 client do not reach the Hyper-V Server on which I want to perform the Live Migration operation. But I've already set up the delegation:

Constrained delegation:

HYPERV1 Delegation tab: "Use Kerberos Only" and services "cifs" and "Microsoft Virtual System Migration Service"
HYPERV2 Delegation tab: "Use Kerberos Only" and services "cifs" and "Microsoft Virtual System Migration Service"

Any ideas?
Thanks you very much,
Best regards

Gabriel