List of NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
hello all,
have some experience with hardware and servers, but new to buying NICs here and just now finding out about generics and counterfeits and etc. The first posts on this thread aren't up to date, right? is there a list somewhere of recommended NIC hardware? I'm looking for a dual or quad port intel NIC to put in a Dell Optiplex but hoping to avoid something that will fail in the long term as i'd like to use this for OPNsense
Usually, the unpopular Intel OEM brands will have much less counterfeits, like the Intel OEMed Cisco, Fujitsu, Supermicro, etc. brands.
If the installation method is bare metal, not using hypervisors, personally I will recommend i340-t4 OEMs, less counterfeits than i350-t4 which can do SR-IOV.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Usually, the unpopular Intel OEM brands will have much less counterfeits, like the Intel OEMed Cisco, Fujitsu, Supermicro, etc. brands.
<-- Dead on. Even the Dells and HPs have fakes now so can't trust those 100%, even from recyclers. :(

Matta

Oct 16, 2022
Can I use HP 530sfp+ (652503-b21) on Windows 10 somehow ? I tried to find drivers but there are only Windows Server drivers.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Can I use HP 530sfp+ (652503-b21) on Windows 10 somehow ? I tried to find drivers but there are only Windows Server drivers.
For the famous NICs, usually the win server drivers are compatible with the windows with the same primary version number. So I think the win server 2022 drivers have a large possibility to be compatible with win 10.

MountainBofh

Beating my users into submission
Mar 9, 2024
Link is not working at the moment, not sure if it's temporary or ?
Its probably the firewall on my web server, I tend to block a lot of non US IP addresses. I'll drop the firewall for a few days. Sorry about that.

Matta

Oct 16, 2022
No problem, thanks.
I've managed to download and extract. Since there is no instalation exe I guess I can only try to install it via device manager. But when I give file location with 4 .sys files it gives me various devices but it seems none of it work when I install.

MountainBofh

Beating my users into submission
Mar 9, 2024
should just be a standard inf type driver install. Not sure why its not working for you : (