Liquid8 Deals

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Well I have a replacement on the way now since the original is now in the wind.

What's upsetting is Liquid8 is blaming fedex 100% when it's their own fault they printed two labels and sent the wrong items to me +mine on the same label. They also refused to expedite shipping of the replacement from their location, and said only if fedEx would cover it -- they won't.

Bay far the slowest, and worst recovery/replacement of goods I've had to deal with so far from ebay sellers.
They seem pretty good by comparison with your experience buying from the irresponsible seller on this forum.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Well, I've changed my mind about them...

After waiting for a replacement item the item FINALLY arrived, and they sent the wrong item (wrong part#) with OTHER missing parts.

Not a small part, but an entire 4U Chassis with 'some' guts... they didn't use foam like CertifiedServers, MrRackables and all the others they used CLEAR bubble wrap, and then some special super static charged PEANUTS (They were green though???), and a normal thickness cardboard box not 2x or 3x wrapped like others do either so I can't use it to return the item as it's 'raw' in a couple spots from the weight of the box and sliding it during transit.

Liquid8 now reminds me of those online companies with great customer service at face value but when you REALLY need it you've realized; sure, they have 100 reps on call/online but they're all from an ESL, 3rd-world country... talk my ear off but 0 real value.

The chassis WAS another members here that he returned. I was "ok" with the damage (bent piece) as long as it was identical to what I paid for, and was told it was (on more than one occasion I made sure/asked). It clearly doesn't have the right model# on the side, so they obviously sent the wrong chassis, knowingly too... or they have some real idiots working there who can't read 3 numbers in a row and tell them apart!!!

After talking to the other member here he warned me that he got the wrong model from them too (as well as unknown damage/shipping damage), I didn't think they'd #1 send me his identical wrong unit!! #2 send me the wrong unit in general #3 not include all the parts.

Last edited:

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
Bummer. When you said you were getting a 848 from them I was skeptical. I never had experience with their shipping practices, I picked up all my stuff from them.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Nick now stated "You never were getting the item it was gone, you were getting a replacement" and other things like "it's barebones it never came with a PSU".

The sale originated from an ebay auction with all details listed, thus I knew what I should have received ;) so they're trying to back peddle now and tell me it's not my fault, and other customers were happy.

Apparently they don't know a 2P Chassis != 4P Chassis and how big of a deal that is.. LOL

**How they're handling return**
- Already received RMA form
- Received FedEx return Label
- No package/material received yet (i asked for it)

They're handling it fast but the excuses aren't in order, and keep piling up which is upsetting but understandable for inexperienced customer sales persons in my experience.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
My liquid8 buying is over after this experience.

They invoiced me for the parts, and are calling me a liar about what I "should" have received!! And then Nick messages me back again saying he's not calling me a liar, haha... I love this guy, talks in circles, doesn't keep history of communication, etc...

At-least this is an easy to resolve issue due to the invoice having model #s and not matching with what I got.

What a waste of time, and energy.

PayPal already resolved dispute in my favor, and will force 100% refund once item is returned. So, this is going smooth at least, so far.

Nick also refused to send a new box or packaging material and told me the same box would suffice, and has been alerted he's on the hook now for the box as I alerted it wasn't in the best shape anymore.

We'll see how this plays out.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Microsoft Corporation v. Liquid 8 Technology Inc et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings

Nature of Suit: Copyrights

Uh-OH, LOL!!

THE FLORIDA BAR, Complainant, v. Richard Phillip GREENE,
THE FLORIDA BAR v. GREENE - FindLaw

SEC v. Managing Partners of Liquid8
From February throughMarch 2012, Defendants
Richard P.Greene (Managing partner of Liquid8)
and Peter Santamaria
engaged in a fraudulent market manipulation scheme involving VDO-Ph International, Inc.("VDPH")stock
Filings:
https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2013/comp-pr2013-155-greene-santamaria.pdf
https://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/2014/34-71729.pdf

InvestorHub Info:
DD Support Board and Fraud Research Team: Richard P Greene .. the pathetic part for
B2Digital, Inc. (BTDG): Here is the Florida business entity for nTELN Corp
DD Support Board and Fraud Research Team: Richard P. Greene is the convicted felon and

Points #1 and #2 on the PDF above are funny, they tried to use an FBI agent undercover for their scam, haha.

Doesn't look like they treat employees well, or care about anything by their reviews:
http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Liquid-Technology-Reviews-E459130.htm

B- on BBB
Liquid Technology Inc.
Review -
ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES-DEALERS
in
Brooklyn,
NY
- BBB Business Review -
BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

Wow...

"Coincidences were common.
The exact same day Casey Anthony was indicted for first degree murder, a biofuel company was created by a Fort Lauderdale attorney named Richard P. Greene; an investment of Scott W. Rothstein."

Read More: HaLeigh Cummings

*Partner* Passed along my voicemail to manager, already got call back.
This company is on the ball for replying.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I guess compared to the others he ****ed I'm getting off easy. LOL

I offered them a quick resolution, % refund for wrong items if they work I keep, or send new material and a box and I return for 100%.

Simple, cut and dry.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Manager called me back after I left a message for the managing partner.

Told me they would send a box and material to re-send the item, and that the entire problem originated in their shipping department, they take responsibility and will make it right. Much better communication, and response than I've been getting with their ebay guy nick, which I was also informed could be 1-3 guys in shipping, not sure if that's true or just physical shipping part.

Anyway, much better results on the phone w/manager vs ebay back and forth, but the manager reviewed the chat logs and emails and understood quick what was going on, and how things got messed up.

He's seeing if he can offer me a 50% refund to keep the wrong items, or he will send me a new box with material to return for 100% refund.

He's going to try to wrap it up 100% today either way so we can move on in life :)

Thank Goodness. Smooth again.

Reactions: andrewbedia

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Roger ( I believe ), manager, called back agreed to 50% refund after I test what I got and make sure it does work.

Or, if that doesn't work or I want. He said no problem, they will send new box + material for 100% refund.

Now folks, take note. This is how you handle customer service.

No round in circles!! No BS.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Kind of ironic they commit securities fraud yet refunded you for a 3 digit purchase.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
LOL. Waiting on refund still :) Pending the stuff I got works, or going 100%. Roger was agreeable to this.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Turns out the 846 I received has 13 2.5" drive caddies, now that's something I wasn't expecting. Also came with the internal 2.5" drive caddy.

Just tested the motherboard, and in-turn was able to test 2 of my E5-2670s and 32gbs of RAM while I'm at it :)

So, all is good. Not a bad deal in the end, but def. stressful and time consuming. Now to actually get the refund finalized.

Anyone happen to know where one can get a 846 rack ear?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Try reaching out to the Supermicro Support/RMA group. I purchased a 6026TT-BTRF at auction that was missing the power/reset switches on the right rack ear and they were able to provide me with the replacement parts for a very reasonable price.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Just to update this thread.

Liquid8 refunded me partially as they said / we agreed after I closed the paypal dispute.

They likely would have last Friday had I been around to talk to them as they left a voicemail follow-up.

The persons name was Roger, and handled it like a pro. If you need something out of them for customer-service I'd avoid ebay messages and Nick, and go right to Roger.