EXPIRED Intel Xeon E5-2699V4 2.20GHz Processor SR2JS - $108

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
...and they're gone - got 1 - now i need to build a server around it haha - any supermicro board deals that would be good for this?

Reactions: Samir

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
And gone.

Took a bit for ebay to update, but I managed to get one. That'll be an interesting upgrade for my T5810. :)

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
And gone.
...aaaaand they are gone.
...and they're gone - got 1
to good to be true - all sold :)
Couldn’t check out fast enough, thanks 2fa.
Had 4 in cart and got butter fingers. Enjoy for those who got!
The STH Effect™ in the fullest effect!! :D:D (not actually trademarked, but looks cooler this way, lol)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Bummer, I saw 3 left clicked BUY and my ebay app had logged me out, by the time I logged in they were all gone :(

Congrats to those who got in on this deal!

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
IMO this is about what these chips should be selling for these days....

I found the update lifecycle this generation of Xeons to be pretty lackluster ~~ one of the reasons AMD caught up IMO.
Only reason we'd be considering these are the price and already have lots of hardware to upgrade to these ;) can get some life still.

Reactions: FlorianZ

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
IMO this is about what these chips should be selling for these days....
Yeah, I actually agree! The fact of the matter tough is that folks are still buying them for 4-6x this price. Being pretty much the fastest, highest core count chips you can put into a v4 system they do hold their value a little better. The same is still true today for the top-of-the-line v3 and even v2 chips.

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, I actually agree! The fact of the matter tough is that folks are still buying them for 4-6x this price. Being pretty much the fastest, highest core count chips you can put into a v4 system they do hold their value a little better. The same is still true today for the top-of-the-line v3 and even v2 chips.
Oops, my bad, I for some reason mentally had these pegged as a 12/16/18 core chip, not the 22 core. Another thing I found a bit annoying about this entire generation of chips, same model number entirely different core counts...

Reactions: FlorianZ

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
I tend not to deploy these (E5 generations) anymore in the DC, unless it's for something like storage array or something , but I just might have pulled the trigger on a couple had I noticed in time lol