Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jmck

Apr 4, 2013
Thought I'd share some info about a few kalleyomalley listings in case anyone is interested in any of these.

I offered $175 and they countered at $600 and then accepted my counter of $300 for this Intel R2312IP4LHPC Server System 2U Rack,Socket R, DDR3 New Bulk Packaging

I offered $175 for 1, they countered at $600 and then declined my counteroffer for 2 @ $225 for this Intel R2312GL4GS Server System 2U Rack, Socket R, V2 Technology New Bulk

They have several more listings for items like those with 3.5" and 2.5" options all with included motherboards. I'm happy with my $300 win considering it has a RES2SV240 that sells for ~$250 on it's own.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
Thought I'd share some info about a few kalleyomalley listings in case anyone is interested in any of these.

I offered $175 and they countered at $600 and then accepted my counter of $300 for this Intel R2312IP4LHPC Server System 2U Rack,Socket R, DDR3 New Bulk Packaging

I offered $175 for 1, they countered at $600 and then declined my counteroffer for 2 @ $225 for this Intel R2312GL4GS Server System 2U Rack, Socket R, V2 Technology New Bulk

They have several more listings for items like those with 3.5" and 2.5" options all with included motherboards. I'm happy with my $300 win considering it has a RES2SV240 that sells for ~$250 on it's own.
Ohh, yeah, good stuff! I was really wondering what they would accept for those barebone systems :)

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I'm having weird issue with my s2600cp motherboard and 128GB ram. I had two dimm slots report failure so i only get 112 mg in the bios. I asked to have those two sticks replace, which i got in the mail today. I replaced them and still have the same issue. When i move the memory to other slots they report issues in those slots. here is a pic of the error in bios. Any idea?
error.JPG

J Hart

Apr 23, 2015
I'm having weird issue with my s2600cp motherboard and 128GB ram. I had two dimm slots report failure so i only get 112 mg in the bios. I asked to have those two sticks replace, which i got in the mail today. I replaced them and still have the same issue. When i move the memory to other slots they report issues in those slots. here is a pic of the error in bios. Any idea?
View attachment 1988
I had the exact same issue with mine when it arrived. I found that there was a bit of dust in one of the slots when I blew it out both started working again. Or maybe it was just a matter of popping them in and out to get them reseated.

jmck

Apr 4, 2013
Ohh, yeah, good stuff! I was really wondering what they would accept for those barebone systems :)
I think they'll go lower than $600 on the others still listed as well. If anybody else gives it a go with the barebones systems, let us know. Not that I need another......

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I had the exact same issue with mine when it arrived. I found that there was a bit of dust in one of the slots when I blew it out both started working again. Or maybe it was just a matter of popping them in and out to get them reseated.
Does help when i replace the two sticks that it was complaining about. :) user error but now i got 128gb :)

Last edited:
Reactions: J Hart

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
I'm just about ready to buy the Natex combo deal for the Intel SC2600CP, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which Intel P4000M chassis to buy to put it in. I've found this doc which seems to describe nearly all the combinations available: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...erver/p4000m/sb/g27488005_p4000m_tps_r1_2.pdf

It seems the Natex boards come with flat passive heatsinks, so is the air shroud recommended (FCPUPMAD)? If so, I see 2 different fan options listed in the PDF, five redundant hot-swap 80x38mm system fans, or two non-redundant fixed 120x38mm system fans. Is there one fan option that the air shroud works with or will it work with both? I can't seem to find any documentation on the air shroud other than the accessory list PDF, and I can't really tell by eyeballing a photo of it.

Still trying to decide on 3.5/2.5/hot swap/fixed drives & redundant/non-redundant PSU's :eek:

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I'm just about ready to buy the Natex combo deal for the Intel SC2600CP, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which Intel P4000M chassis to buy to put it in. I've found this doc which seems to describe nearly all the combinations available: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...erver/p4000m/sb/g27488005_p4000m_tps_r1_2.pdf

It seems the Natex boards come with flat passive heatsinks, so is the air shroud recommended (FCPUPMAD)? If so, I see 2 different fan options listed in the PDF, five redundant hot-swap 80x38mm system fans, or two non-redundant fixed 120x38mm system fans. Is there one fan option that the air shroud works with or will it work with both? I can't seem to find any documentation on the air shroud other than the accessory list PDF, and I can't really tell by eyeballing a photo of it.

Still trying to decide on 3.5/2.5/hot swap/fixed drives & redundant/non-redundant PSU's :eek:
I got a post under dyi section showing my build out using p4000 case. I originally got the 2.5 cages but replaced it with 3.5 cage as I ordered the wrong part. I liked the 3.5 8 bay as I can use it for both 3.5 and 2.5 hdd. Eventually I will add 8 bay sdd cage that fits the 5.25 slot to hold ssd drives.

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
I got a post under dyi section showing my build out using p4000 case. I originally got the 2.5 cages but replaced it with 3.5 cage as I ordered the wrong part. I liked the 3.5 8 bay as I can use it for both 3.5 and 2.5 hdd. Eventually I will add 8 bay sdd cage that fits the 5.25 slot to hold ssd drives.
Cool, it looks like you're using the tall passive heatsinks with the air shroud and 2x 120mm fans, and it looks like it fits well after you remove the fan in the middle. So is the air shroud designed to only work with the tall heatsinks then? Hmm...

EDIT: Looks like the Accessory PDF says yes!

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've never seen a better bang for the buck chip. These deserve the attention.

handruin

May 24, 2015
i've not seen this much excitement about a chip since the 300A celeron days.

i hope to read through this thread completely one day.

I agree! The prices on these chips led me to build not only one of my first personal dual-socket setups but two of them at the same time. It's also my first personal 8-core CPU that I've owned. I've got my own little home lab on a table going now.

Attachments

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I agree! The prices on these chips led me to build not only one of my first personal dual-socket setups but two of them at the same time. It's also my first personal 8-core CPU that I've owned. I've got my own little home lab on a table going now.
Is the table bowing from the weight, or is that an optical illusion / camera distortion?

One of these days I will get my two v1 E5 builds done, but that would require working sticks of RAM!!! :mad::mad::mad:

handruin

May 24, 2015
Is the table bowing from the weight, or is that an optical illusion / camera distortion?

One of these days I will get my two v1 E5 builds done, but that would require working sticks of RAM!!! :mad::mad::mad:
It's bowing a bit from weight but it's all steel bars under it. I need a rack...

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
This is going to be my first "powerhouse workstation" computer (although I'll be running VMs with GPU passthrough) replacing (depending on what I'm doing) a 2009 AMD Phenom system with DDR2 RAM or a VM on a too crowded Haswell E3 host. I'm super excited!!!

Here's my haul from kalleyomalley (so others can try even lower :p - thank you to the previous posts who posted their offers)

Intel AXX2IOS I/O Shield for S2600CP2, S2400SC2, and S2400GP2 New Bulk Packaging - $6
Intel AUPSRCBTP Single Passive Heat Sink New Bulk Packaging - $13 (x2)
Intel P4308XXMHGR Server Chassis 4U, 750W, New Bulk Packaging - $115
Intel FCPUPMAD Air Duct Required for Intel Server Board S2600CP In P4000M New - $15

$40 shipping

Maybe I could have gone even lower, I thought I was already lowballing :eek:

Reactions: Jannis Jacobsen

handruin

May 24, 2015
It's not too loud overall but if I were to use this case (and included fans) as my desktop in my office it would bother me. I would likely change out the fans with something else or experiment with other ways to cool it and or make it quieter. Since both of mine are in the basement I don't care so much. I can hear the grindyness/whine of the fans from my kitchen when the house is quiet and I'm actively listening for them but otherwise doesn't bother me. The only times I've heard the fans really ramp up is on boot/reboot or if the side of the case is open. I leave the acoustic setting on the performance setting.