Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zhoulander

Feb 1, 2016

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I really like the Intel 2U systems.
I am a convert of Intel 2U and 1U system. After flashing with the latest firmware, they are quiet.
I sit 5 feet away from a rack of 10 Intel servers.

Called it late night Ebay buying binge, make a low ball offer on 7 Intel 2u v1,2 servers. Waked up in the morning, seller accepted all 7 offers.
Time to buy more E5-2670 CPU.

Reactions: zhoulander

SavageWS6

Feb 2, 2016
Pennsylvania

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
That site seems like great pricing, but I wish they had something like Paypal as an option. I'm very leery giving some unknown company my credit card info. The pricing, especially on the motherboards seems too good to be true at this point.

Has anyone every bought and received an item from this company yet? I want this to be a real deal, because I would build another 2670 system right now if the price was this good.
I was thinking the same thing.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I was thinking the same thing.
Got my fedex tracking number updated:

In transit
Departed FedEx location
HENDERSON, CO

2/26/2016 - Friday
7:27 am Departed FedEx location HENDERSON, CO

2/25/2016 - Thursday
8:37 pm Arrived at FedEx location HENDERSON, CO
4:11 pm Picked up HENDERSON, CO
3:28 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
Select time zone

Tracking number xxxx
Reference INV#xxxx
Dimensions 14x11x4 in.
Terms Shipper
Invoice number INV#xxx
Service FedEx Ground
Weight 2 lbs / 0.91 kgs
Total pieces 1

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
The only other thing that scares me is that I see no mention of any warranty (bent pins, damaged, non-functional, etc.), but I did see this on their terms page.

This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, NATEX disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
I'd be more willing to roll the dice on CPU or RAM than a motherboard (but at the slight decrease in price over eBay on these items, I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get from a known seller on eBay using Paypal).

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
The only other thing that scares me is that I see no mention of any warranty (bent pins, damaged, non-functional, etc.), but I did see this on their terms page.

I'd be more willing to roll the dice on CPU or RAM than a motherboard (but at the slight decrease in price over eBay on these items, I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get from a known seller on eBay using Paypal).

I believe I read on the site you get a 30 day warranty for RAM. When I spoke to the vendor they stated that all memory was tested for working order before sale and they confirmed my 30 day warranty.

Example of a CPU with a 90 day warranty:
CPU only! Tested with a 90 day warranty! These processors are pulls from systems and may show some wear and tear but are fully functional ! Good as New.....Fully tested…..90 day Warranty

Worse comes to worse call them and ask. We are trusting random folks on ebay that we communicate with via email, at least this one we have a phone number, physical location, and other options in order to dispute the problem with.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
But, we don't have buyers protection like you do through eBay or a payment gateway like PayPal to protect our credit card numbers. I really want to get one of those motherboards at that price though :)

Reactions: Aestr

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
But, we don't have buyers protection like you do through eBay or a payment gateway like PayPal to protect our credit card numbers.
This and the limited IPMI are enough to keep me away. I've got three boards for now which is enough to keep me busy. I'll buy up a few more CPUs and when this stock works down motherboards will come back to reasonable prices. Until then I'll keep trying to grab random one off deals.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Damn, NATEX has those Intel @2600CP boards for $175...AND they are abt 30 mins away from me...DAMN

I don't need DP boards but hell for that price I should have just picked up three from them and not had to deal w/ this BS hassel that is newegg shipping me defective X9SRL-F boards (two out of 4 so far, if they get it right this time they will be back to 60%). ARRRGGGHH

EDIT, I think I am gonna go drive over cross town and get 4 of those for my buddies VDI co-log gig, looking to expand into another co-lo here in Denver as we are having issues w/ our current one and this will do the trick for a migration strategy on the cheap!

Anyone else want any? 47 left in stock I see? haha

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Damn, NATEX has those Intel @2600CP boards for $175...AND they are abt 30 mins away from me...DAMN

I don't need DP boards but hell for that price I should have just picked up three from them and not had to deal w/ this BS hassel that is newegg shipping me defective X9SRL-F boards (two out of 4 so far, if they get it right this time they will be back to 60%). ARRRGGGHH
The power connectors on that board are terribly laid out IMHO, having to run power across a board sucks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Nope, didn't even know abt them until I saw their name on a page here a few days back, just spoke to 'the guy', has 40+ Intel boards, bunch of 2670's @ $65 still. If the 'un-ideal' pwr connectors are the biggest issues I think I am in for at least 4. I'm a lil' more picky in my home lab but for a co-lo and super cheap I think my buddy would be a fool not to jump on these. Calling him now and may be driving over there w/in and hour or two.

EDIT: Who's got three SC216/CSE216's they wanna sell me, I 'may' be in the market soon :-D

Last edited:

zhoulander

Feb 1, 2016
RE: the Intel board,

Confirmed no IO plates, but look to be easy enough to find compatible ones on eBay.

No CPU socket covers from the sounds of it - they'll ship with the heatsinks attached. Hopefully they were cleaned and don't have TIM hanging off them before they were re-attached. I guess worst case ask them to ship with the CPUs pre-installed for your 'socket cover'.

ichbinpete

Feb 25, 2016

EDIT, I think I am gonna go drive over cross town and get 4 of those for my buddies VDI co-log gig, looking to expand into another co-lo here in Denver as we are having issues w/ our current one and this will do the trick for a migration strategy on the cheap!

Anyone else want any? 47 left in stock I see? haha

Man, if you get some would love some feedback once you buy. I'm on the fence, been waiting to press the order button all day!

snclawson

Feb 7, 2013
RE: the Intel board,

Confirmed no IO plates, but look to be easy enough to find compatible ones on eBay.

No CPU socket covers from the sounds of it - they'll ship with the heatsinks attached. Hopefully they were cleaned and don't have TIM hanging off them before they were re-attached. I guess worst case ask them to ship with the CPUs pre-installed for your 'socket cover'.
There's a seller on Amazon that has the AXX2IOS I/O shield for $10 shipped. It took them absolutely forever to ship though (ordered on the 19th and still haven't gotten it!). Otherwise kalleyomalley has them for $12 + $6 shipping (with a Make Offer, so you could probably get it close to the same price). Alternately the 4 NIC version (AXX4IOS) is $9.95 or B/O on eBay and would work just fine. You'd just have two extra holes in the back you could cover up.

As for the heatsinks, mine came covered in heatsink gunk. The board was nicely padded in a huge box, but was not in an anti-static bag and they used regular bubble wrap, not the pink anti-static kind! I was really careful taking it out of the box and packing material and it seems to have come through unscathed (and no heatsink gunk got into the sockets), but it's still a little scary. Might be something to specify if you order from them (anti-static bag PLEASE!). I never thought there would be a question about it, but it seems that these electronics recyclers aren't that up on ESD procedures...

Amazingly, while the first board from comp-tec wasn't in an anti-static bag, the replacement (which thankfully showed up today!) was. Still had crappy padding though so the board could slide back and forth in the box 3-4 inches though. =(

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
They said they will have them on Monday still, 40+ left still, guess Pam told me she got banned here yesterday LOL, saw a small bit on it, yeah guess that was a no no.

GCM

Aug 24, 2015
Just got all my parts in:

2x E5-2670
2x Hyper 212 Evo
Tyan S7050GM4NR
32GB DDR3 (Left over)
Elgato HD60 Capture Card
Phantek Enthoo Pro Case
Intel SSD
Spectre Pro Fans

I'll be streaming games via my main PC into an HDMI splitter, one to my monitor, one to this capture card. I'll be real time encoding via OBS and streaming to Twitch.

Reactions: mathab

ichbinpete

Feb 25, 2016
so what is the consensus on teh S2600CP from nanex? this is my first dual proc build (always just bought barebones) and it seems like a good deal but i'm unsure if I'll need more parts for management and if I should just get the asrock from newegg for $309.