Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I wish the next gen would already be rushed out so these will drop in price, I have a nice mITX case with hot swaps waiting for a powerful beast like this :)
You ain't the only one brother, holding out for 10G SFP+ ports config and LSI 12G SAS HBA integrated (a man can dream right???)

This bifurcation nonsense is BS LOL...cool as it MAY be.

jasonlitka

Jun 24, 2015
You ain't the only one brother, holding out for 10G SFP+ ports config and LSI 12G SAS HBA integrated (a man can dream right???)

This bifurcation nonsense is BS LOL...cool as it MAY be.
I would have preferred SFP+ as well, but I'll take what I can get.

jasonlitka

Jun 24, 2015
I have a vCenter 6 server up and running now. This took a ridiculous amount of time because it kept erroring out on me (I think I did the install 14 or 15 times). vCSA is REALLY picky about DNS settings, and there's a bug in the installer that results in it failing EVERY time if you try and use the default option of NTP rather than host time syncing.

I haven't put any more time into 10Gbe drivers but that's next on my list, well, that and running CAT6 from my office to the basement so that I can connect to my lab faster than Powerline allows. I rewired the room down there so it'd be on the same phase as my office but even so, I'm only getting about 125Mbit/s...

Last edited:

Kireque

Jul 21, 2015
I want to buy the supermico motherboard (Without 10GB NIC) with 2*16GB memory for a home lab.
But I'm still waiting for the moment where the availability is OK in the Netherlands... It really ***** because I want the set NOW and not in 4 months... :)
@Patrick Do you have more insite info if other mini-itx motherboard will be released in the near future?

Reactions: legopc

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I want to buy the supermico motherboard (Without 10GB NIC) with 2*16GB memory for a home lab.
But I'm still waiting for the moment where the availability is OK in the Netherlands... It really ***** because I want the set NOW and not in 4 months... :)
@Patrick Do you have more insite info if other mini-itx motherboard will be released in the near future?
Still a few more weeks until they are "released" but the dates have slipped a few times now.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
I know some people also in The Netherlands that would love Xeon-D including me.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Production? I wouldn't want a single point of failure, even an expensive one.
Nor do I, but i'll start with moving from an unmanaged d-link and netgear top of rack to this plus a 2960x-24 top of rack, I can add a second one in for redundancy when funds are available a tad down the road.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I seem to have found an overachieving 4C/8T SoC sitting on the lab bench next to me...
I'm sure you can find plenty here willing to test/stress it for ya :p

RAFFLE...RAFFLE...RAFFLE!!! hahah I couldn't resist wink wink

Last edited:

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F

128GB DDR4 ram max
Dual LAN with SOC
Aspeed AST2400 BMC
4x USB 2.0
2x USB 3.0
single 16x PCI-E slot
mini-itx

SuperMicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F Motherboard - Newegg.com
Any buyers? $699.99 for the 1520.

Also seeing an Ebay listing for it as well out of San Jose, CA
New Supermicro X10SDV 4c TLN2F Motherboard | eBay

I'm not even seeing that board on supermicro's site yet other than some references with 1U chassis compatibility
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Chassis | 1U | SC505-203B
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Chassis | 1U | SC504-203B

Link not live yet....
https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/d/X10SDV-4C-TLN2F.cfm

That's all I've been able to find on it so far.