Intel S3700 100GB - $71

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Not necessarily a "great" deal, but seems like it might be a good one. I was looking for a pair of smallish S3700's to setup as mirrored ZIL on a ZFS build ... Didn't have luck with ebay - 100GB S3700s are trending around $200. I've never ordered from this site, so who knows ... but at ~$150 for the pair it's a risk I was willing to take.

UpgradeBay.com | SSDSC2BA100G3T INTEL 100GB 2.5INCH 6GB/S SATA SOLID STATE DRIVE P/N:SSDSC2BA100G3T - INTEL ORIGINALS

Will post an update once the drives arrived and have checked out.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I picked mine up for 97 about 2 months ago.

EDIT: Wow...they are much higher now.

Last edited:

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I received the following response to my request for a status update on the order:

Hi,

Thank you for your order. I am sorry, at this time we are unable to process your request. I have done two things immediately:

1. Notify you of the status

2. Contacted our other vendors for availability.

I am still trying to source this through our other suppliers but I thought it was necessary as part of customer service to update you of the status.

If this product becomes available, I will send you a confirming email. There has been no charges made to your credit card.

Thought it looked a little too good to be true. On to plan B ... I have to figure out what that is.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Interesting ... they updated their pricing to $169 per drive. I ordered a pair last night from Amazon (direct) yesterday at $167 ea (back-ordered) ... there are Amazon resellers that have the drives in stock for $192.

The arrival of the 3700's is delaying my Infiniband SAN project, so in the meantime, I ordered a pair of MX200's to serve as local datastores in my ESXi hosts. It's all home lab stuff, and the MX200's will be an upgrade in capacity, performance, and reliability to the ancient M4 128GB units I am currently using for the task.