Intel S2600CP2 windows instalation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Maybe I should make a new thread on the Lenovo too :).

I actually got the Lenovo d30 as a barebone oem WS that comes with the case, psu and MB and 2 DVD drives for $330 which I thought was a good deal.

Anyway, yes all the power connectors are connected. and I imagine you probably won't be able to turn it on without all power connectors.

Did you get this board by itself? most generic psu has one (20+4) pin atx power and 2 (4+4) pin cpu power connectors only. but you can get a splitter cable to split one of the 4 pin power connector. shouldn't be much of a problem as most psu nowadays has single 12v rail anyway.

yep, the Lenovo is working fine with win 10. I like the built in usb 3 and sound that comes standard onboard. sleep works great at 3w. haven't tried any server software. do the win server have much to offer over standard win 10 ent?

My Lenovo came with 1 stock cpu cooler included. I bought another Raijintek Aidos CPU cooler ($22) for the 2nd cpu. the thing is that the stock cpu cooler is smaller and its not as good as the aidos cooler but there is a plastic video card cage that would block the use of the bigger aidos cooler for one of the cpu slot. I think I can easily cut off part of that cage without doing much harm so I might do that in the future b/c the oem cooler is too small and its not as good so that cpu is running hotter than the one cooled by the aidos.

I was thinking of buying the D30 motherboard. I was thinking of running a Few VM's on this using server 2016.

1. Will the Hyper 212 EVO coolers Fit on this Board?
2. If i buy the lenovo d30 powersupply that is sold on ebay that has all the needed connectors right?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I was thinking of buying the D30 motherboard. I was thinking of running a Few VM's on this using server 2016.

1. Will the Hyper 212 EVO coolers Fit on this Board?
2. If i buy the lenovo d30 powersupply that is sold on ebay that has all the needed connectors right?
any standard lga 2011 cooler would

yes, the Lenovo d30 psu would have all the power connectors needed. and they are also real cheap at less than $50 for an 1100w gold plus. I actually bought an extra one to use for another build. where else can you buy a 1100w gold plus psu for that price?

if the case has the psu mounted on top then you are probably ok, but it might worthwhile to consider a short extension cable bc one of the 8 pin cpu power connector is only 6 inch long. if your case has the psu at bottom like a phantek case , then you definitely need an extension cable of at least 8 inch to be sure.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Hey Wildpig1234,

Thanks for all the help, I have one more question.
Before i was thinking about buying a set of RAM,CPU and Motherboard from Natex.us but i like the Lenovo Route.
I needed 64gb of Ram.
Will the Ram from Natex work with the lenovo Board? because the Ram being sold at natex is only $112 for 64gb which i think is a good deal.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Lenovo is not a bad option. I see at least seller on ebay offering it for $250 and maybe can get him to sell for less than $220? if you can get a barebone for less than $350 with case and psu would be good too. I always like how the usb 3 and sound is built onboard. it's good for WS, but it is lacking a little in server features, like ipmi, etc.

any standard ecc ddr3 would work fine. natex used to have $11/8gb module which was good. but now with $112 for 64gb, it's just average deal. but if you are also getting the two cpu from them then it might be good to also get the ram since you get free shipping for cpu/mem over $150.